My neighbor and I had a nice talk.

He came and all he kept doing was asking for sexual stuff. He was getting upset with me because I kept saying no. He even wanted me to sit on his lap. I was very hurt at that time. I said I am fine standing up. so he left to return back. I knew with all my heart that I had to speak to him or it would ruin me. I was calm and let him know how he makes me feel behaving like that. I said I don't like that and don't want that kind of friendship. I told him how being alone gets me but I was not up for anything else. We had a nice conversation and he was very decent with me. he said he really wants to be with me but that he can see I am happy being friends. He asked for a hug and I gave him one. he then asked if he were to stop in from time to time just to check on me would that help. I said yes and he said he would. So, I am super happy that went well. because I would be upset had I not got that off my chest.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Be careful Sharon. Someday he may not take no for an answer and there you are trapped in that apartment with him.
Thats my thoughts too.
I have a medical alert on my wrist the cops would be here in no time flat.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sharon6345 Good thing Sharon. It is better than nothing.
@CRK109 (14453)
You did good speaking up for yourself in a way that he could understand. I'm so glad he didn't force the issue with you.
Thanks Claudia for understanding. I wanted to remain in a good way with my neighbor while allowing him to know his advances were not acceptable. We have known each other for 4 years now.
@CRK109 (14453)
@sharon6345 I really love how you talked with him. It will get much easier from here to keep standing up for what you really want in life.
@CRK109 I have to or I will get depressed even worse.
That's great that you told him how you felt.
Thanks for understanding.
@Tina30219 (21035)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad you got that off your chest and it went well. Glad to hear he will be checking on you from time to time.
That was all I wanted and nothing more. Joey was here bright and early this morning.
@Tina30219 (21035)
• Onaway, Michigan
@sharon6345 Right. Bright and early stinks with the hours you keep
@Tina30219 oh no I was in bed early last night. It was too early to wake me up to say he was coming. But he took two hours to get here. so that helped me as he rang the bell I was just out the shower.
Still be careful. As this can turn ugly real quick.
I will be careful plus I have a medical alert on my wrist he would be in big trouble if I pushed it
@sharon6345 not if you cant get to it in time though. Dont want to put scsry things in your head but forreal.. you're alone, he knows that and you've turned him down again.. guys don't like that.
@Courtlynn I will always be careful and my kitchen has plenty of knives.
At least now he knows how you feel and understands you just want to be friends.
Yes that is what I like as well. Just friends.
@shivamani10 (9404)
• Hyderabad, India
So, you want to continue with him...
@rusty2rusty (6756)
• Defiance, Ohio
I am glad you stuck up for yourself and stood your ground. It sounds like you made them right move. I hope he can understand and not cross that line.