Moochers

Some people are what I call moochers. They ask for money, borrow items, steal what is not theirs, or use up your valuable time. Most likely, nothing is ever returned. Fortunately, this has rarely happened to us. We have become wise over the years. If anything, we give generously to our children and our favorite charities and have learned to spot a moocher when we see one. On the other hand, there are moochers who will never stop mooching, no matter what! Meet Cody and Tiki, my grand doggies. They are true moochers, in every sense of the word. Do you know any moochers?
This is where I would go on a rant about Bob, but I don't want to upset myself. Let's just say he plays the 'Veteran' card all the time trying to get freebies, and his service was two years in Vietnam that he does nothing but b***h about 45 years later...
@Essjayd (1620)
I know one like that! He used to tell all the stories of his time in the army and how he fell on hard times when he was medically discharged. We later found out the truth from a mutual friends older brother who had served with him. He had spent his entire 2 year army career in a base in Germany in the 1880s nowhere near any conflict. He wasn't medically discharged either the army kicked him out.
I don't want to get you upset, especially on a Friday. It's difficult to get rid of people like the Bobs of our life, but you should. At my stage of life, I've freed myself from negativity and stupidity.
@DianneN Oh, he got kicked to the curb 3-4 years ago
I have over the years and I learned my lessons te hard way. lol My dogs are big fat moochers too, 24/7 . Your grand doggies are so cute!!
@DianneN My dog Beau begs, he is a great begger!! lol
@BelleStarr I'm sure you let that little begging Beau have a taste of everything! Doodles only begs for pudding, ice cream, Raisin Bran, cheese from cheese burgers, frosting, and coffee, none of which he gets. Well, a tiny bit except for coffee. That's a no no for cats.
@DianneN yeah...No no for cats but will your Doodles say yes to rats? Don't mind, most of the cats chase rats...
Yes I do. A nephew of mine who I am ashamed to be related to. He is the bottom of the barrel.
Oh, that's a horrible shame. I'm so sorry.
@DianneN Thanks Dianne, hard to admit it when its family but there you have it. Strange though because he wasn't raised like that but guess its in the genes.
@TiarasOceanView Most families have a bad seed, and many are quick to admit it. No need to feel shame. To me, a mother and daughter not speaking to each other has to be the worst thing I've ever heard. That, I can't fathom.
@Essjayd (1620)
I've met a few moochers over the last few years. Thankfully I've learned my lesson so they're easily ignored now. Your moochers are very cute! This is the only moocher I give into these days :)
What a wise person you are! I love your little moocher. I'd give in, too!
@Essjayd (1620)
@DianneN He's the best moocher in the world! One look from those eyes and I melt every time :)
@Essjayd He is way too adorable. I'd be gobbling him up!
I know I few. I don't know who they think they are fooling. My cat Merle is a mooch error too lol
Glad you can't be fooled. So many are duped it seems. Merle must be hilarious! Lol!
@DianneN yes very true..oh he is. I have to watch him. He will steal the food right off my plate. lol
Yes I know some moochers really worthless people
Very worthless. I can't believe they don't realize it.
• Midland, Michigan
If you have to have moochers, that type might be the type to have. Course, they can be reprobate just like the human moochers especially when they belong to people you don't know or someone else trained them and raised them before the came into the family. I don't know that we've had any regular moochers, but we have loaned out books and items before and not gotten them back. We've also borrowed and had things for longer than expected too. You get busy and forget. We even got to the point that we began putting our names on our things and years ago we had a list of who we gave what to when, but then we need to keep on top of that list and if we don't, well those are just things. I'm the one that borrows money from my family. Some I pay back and others say I don't need to. I'd hope they don't consider me a moocher, but if they did I'm sure they'd say something. As far as time, I should give out more of mine especially now that I'm only sort of working one job, but I'm a homebody and I tend to stay put.
The way you put it, there are some good moochers out there.
@zarlamain (24527)
Such cute dogs! I'm sure they are excused from being moochers! I know some moochers. All they do is take, take, take. They never give. I stay away from those people.
Thank you! You are wise to stay far from those human moochers.
@zarlamain (24527)
@DianneN Your welcome! So funny! I like how you said that - human moochers. Yes, I don't want to be a victim of that. I have witnessed my own loved ones getting mooched by these human moochers. It was unfortunate. They just didn't know how to say no to them. I learned from their mistakes.
@zarlamain I learned from my own mistakes. I'm a big sucker, but no more.
They know a good thing when they see it. They are adorable. What breed are they? I agree, there are too many moochers out there. Being able to spot them is a gift, but once you've been duped a few times, you can easily see them coming.
Thank you. The one on the left is part Sheba Inu. He is a rescue dog. The one on the right is a pure bred Shiba Inu. Yes, hopefully we all learn to spot a moocher before it's too late.
@DianneN I never heard of that breed. Beautiful dogs and so focused on that plate. I never allowed my dogs to mooch. Rascal would lay in the doorway to the kitchen with his eyes on the table. So did Pip.
@just4him You trained them well. The fat one on the right was trained, but the one on the left came years later as a rescue dog. All he needed was guaranteed love, so he wasn't trained. That undid it for fat Tiki. When the kids were babies, food would fall on the floor. These two moochers kept that floor pretty darn clean. Lol!
@blitzfrick (2912)
I cannot eat when confronted with the unblinking stare of doggy eyes. grrrrrr
Lol! One has to pretend not to see it!
@DianneN Sorry, that is not in my skill set. It doesn't recommend dogs as pets to me. I bet there's a humane way to train them not to do this. So rude.
@blitzfrick There probably is a way to train them. That doesn't bother me for some reason. Human moochers do.
Cody and Tikki do not look like moochers. No pet can be a moocher. Poor Cody and Tiki But I can call this cat that does not meow a true moocher. He gives me nothing in return - not even lets me touch him (lol)
Lol! Now this little cutie certainly does look like a moocher. Moochers never give anything in return.
@DianneN He snarls when I am about to touch him (lol)
@allknowing What a little stinker. It's like biting the hand that feeds you. lol. I know you still love that little moocher though. It's so frustrating when you have an urge to pet and they run away or snarl.
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
Two of my dad's brothers were moochers so I was taught to give them a wide berth. I don't mind pets being moochers lol. Lovely pic of your grand doggies.
Pets are the only good type of moochers. Thank you. We all love them, but Doodles stole my heart.
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN Doodles is a little love.
@Gillygirl Thank you. He truly stole our hearts.
oh Moochers,I hate those kind of people. I started to get rid of them last year.From my business partner , my ex-sister-in-law, to my former highschool buddy.
I'm glad you rid yourself of them, and were wise enough to do so.
@DianneN yeah before they take all my money lol
@Iam_jauntyjen Right. No laughing matter it is!
Oh, Cody and Tiki are the most wonderful moochers of all!!! How could one deny those two adorable moochers. Happily, I will say I do not know any human moochers. Our big dog Bo was not a moocher, but a taker. We had to keep an eye on him because he would take things that did not belong to him when least expected.
Thank you! I'm glad you know no human moochers. That Bo must have been hilarious. If he was big, does that make Molly tiny? Lol! Dogs are so wonderful!
@DianneN Molly is tiny compared to Bo. Bo took pork chops from the pan upon the stove. They were hot!!! Bo, about 6 months old, and our son in the photo. White couches covered due to Bo. I called it "Decorating for Dogs." Our son grew into his ears!! Yippee!
@Corbin5 Holy Moly! What a huge beaut of a puppy!
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
Some moochers you really don't mind. Yeah, my mother was a moocher.. and an ungrateful one at that. I grew up listening to everyone talk about how much they disliked my mother and her mooching. I've always been very cautious not to turn out the same way. Even when money was tight and we needed a little extra help, I rarely borrowed from friends or family..
I remember you told me about your mothers, the bad one and the wonderful one.
@DianneN Yep.. well there's just another aspect of the bad one! The other one was a sucker for moochers, she never could say no to people.
@nanette64 (17480)
• Fairfield, Texas
Those dogs are so gorgeous @DianneN . Yeah, I've known a few moochers in my time. You catch onto them real quick.
Thank you! Many people are fooled by moochers, but we are wise and catch on quickly. Better late than never!
@nanette64 (17480)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DianneN I just wish the 'younger' generation would pay more attention; there'd be less problems.
@nanette64 You are absolutely right, but they have to learn the hard way if they're not savvy.
Herc is probably a moocher although he doesn't push it too much. These two certainly look like moochers.
I love Herc, as I do all furry moochers. They get to me all the time.
@DianneN I think some have degrees in mooching.
@JudyEv So it appears.
Oh what beautiful moochers ! But as far as the other kind of moochers - oh geez yes I have known quite a few. My sister in law and her loser husband have definitely mooched off of her parents for years and years .
That is awful and the worst kind of moochers.
@DianneN Exactly. And I don't see how any moocher could live with themselves as being moochers .
Yes I know moochers. Not me though. :)
I knew you weren't a moocher!
@bluesa (13427)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
They are the most adorable Moochers ever, Dianne! I could hug them to bits! I have known ones (of the not furry kind) that are not adorable at all over the years @DianneN but I wisened up. :) .xoxo
Thanks, Catherine. Yes, I think most of us have met moochers over the years. Unfortunately, not everyone is wise.
@bluesa (13427)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN too true.