Were you a home health aide before?

Do you know anything about having one? My friend is an aide and she told me that home health aides are not allowed to take things from clients. I would not want to put her in any trouble. But I tend to give her stuff. Thanks for helping me. My friend said if the agency finds out they will remove her.
• Manahawkin, New Jersey
I would give her stuff anyway
Oh I would not mind but I don't want her to lose her job. she is very sweet.
@EMuhungi (1733)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Maybe she is unable to resist. She needs to learn it without upsetting them.
They have no way of knowing she took a gift from me I just wanted to know.
@Mike197602 (13456)
• Worcester, England
I worked as a community care assistant, mainly for terminally ill people at home. Taking stuff is a big no no even if the client insists. Your friend is right...the person could very well be disciplined and even fired...over here that's the case anyway. I looked after people for quite a few months and for many hours per day. I did take gifts from family but only after the patient had passed away and I always told my bosses.
Thanks mike I will ask her on Monday if that is part of her rules. If so I won't be giving her anything more.
I wouldnt do it anymore in case it is against the rules
Oh, thanks very much.
I've never been one, but I know that is one of their rules, even for the aides in nursing homes, where I was for a month over a year ago. You might need to stop giving her things so she won't lose her job. If they find out, it will go against her getting another job.
Thanks very much. I will ask her if that is one of her rules. I would not do anything to cost her her job.