A Mongrel Dog in the Mountain

During the time that I am working in Kalinga province in my country, I need to hike three mountains before reaching Barangay Sumadel. It is a field work that nobody wants to try. It takes a lot of time to reach the highest peak of the mountain. I need to set off from the house as early as possible. If not, you will easily be exhausted because the heat of the sun is so extreme. I was so entertained seeing the rice paddies in the mountainside. If you were greeted by a mongrel dog, it is a sign that you are near in the dwelling place of the local tribes. I took this photo while he stops growling at me. I didn’t dare to touch it. It might bite and be inflicted with rabies. “Do you have a mongrel dog?” Image Credit: Shavkat
• Lakewood, Colorado
I do not have one, but I have seen a few. Yes one must be careful as rabies. He looks pretty docile now that he had stopped growling lol He looks very strong, I love him. He is a legend of the mountain
If I gave him some food that time, it is a good trick to make him look tame. Image Credit: Shavkat
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Shavkat Yes you could train him most definitely with food treats. I like him, he looks good. What kind of dog do you think he is mixed with, what breeds Shavkat? Yes, he looks a bit lacking in his belly..hungry.
@TiarasOceanView Actually, I can't figure it out what his breed. In my country, we call them "askal" or "street dog." I was trying to find the exact breed of it.
We do have a mongrel dog, also called a mutt. She is part Chow and part Shepherd. Glad you are careful around those mongrel dogs you may encounter. No fear of rabies from dogs here, since all in our area have been vaccinated.
Our government has a program that dogs need to be vaccinated. But I am not sure on the mountainside. It is too far from the center town. I doubt if the local tribe's owner will bring it down from the mountain. That's the reason why I am so careful walking on the pathway while the mongrel dogs are on-guard of their territory.
@ridingbet (37922)
Trixie is our mutt. and all our dogs received the anti-rabies vaccine already, so the person they might bite is free from having rabies.
That would be likely in the center of the area. This dog is on the mountain peak.lol I am not sure if they were able to avail the vaccination.
@ridingbet (37922)
@Shavkat good to know that that dog is not wild. by wild, i mean it does not bite any human being all at once.
@ridingbet I am more secured to stray dogs in the city or lowland areas.lol They are quite classy before biting someone.lol
@cacay1 (32161)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Is your pay in going to that place worth of your effort my friend? hehehehe, just asking for the descriptions of the place are at the extreme.
OMG! It is worst than working in an NGO. I realized that it is not worth to work in our government agencies. There are so many things to do and the government itself is not organized. I also dealt with incompetent colleagues.
@diosabella (4843)
We have a lot of mongrel dogs around. And some just let them be adopted. I'm not sure but giving food like bread does the trick.
• Trinidad And Tobago
We have many of those dogs here. Mongrel, mutt, street dogs what ever you call them they are a sturdy breed and make good watchdogs. And no, you don't pet them...they are semi domesticated . Only the owners can have come control over them.The ones in homes are very territorial and the street dogs are not threatening...you just avoid them.We have four.
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
I dont have one but I have seen many. I have a little question here. I think it comes from watching too many tribal documentaries. In what ways are the lives of the tribals different from the others in your country
I don't have a mongrel dog, but I am careful not to touch any dogs off a leash. He is a cutie, though!
He's a very pretty dog but I wouldn't reach my hand out to pet him if he's a mongrel
No
No, I don't have one.