Are you afraid of the dark ...?????

@cabhay (365)
To me, i am scared because I always feel that there might be something hiding behind the curtains...! I don't know, I feel like prey nervously trying to hide from a predator. The only time I am not afraid is when i am surrounded on all sides by blanket, so i am not "vulnerable". Its weird..
For me.. It's not a problem.
@cabhay (365)
Well it depends upon person to person ... I just shared my thought ... And my fear is at its peak after seeing any horror movie and then moving to a dark room ...lol
@cabhay That's ok. I just answered your topic.
@cabhay (365)
I am not afraid of the dark, but I am deathly afraid of heights. I guess most of us have a fear of something.
@cabhay (365)
Yeah thats true .... But i think not most of us but everyone has a fear of something ....!!
@Slayqueen (946)
It's not weird.. just don't feed your fears.. if you think that someone's behind your curtain, your brain will play nasty tricks on you and make you even more scared ... Feed your brain with some happy thoughts.. or you can just sleep by taking the name of the god..it will give you strength
@cabhay (365)
This is what i do .. i either start to think something else or listen to the music ...
@cabhay (365)
@slayqueen And taking the name of god at the time of your? fear is the best way to deal with that situation :-)
@cabhay yes.. I do that sometimes when I am afraid ...
@Essjayd (1146)
I'm only afraid of the dark if I'm alone and there is complete silence. I live in a busy area so at home there is always some noise from outside. The times I have stayed in the countryside or quiet towns when I've been away for work tend to bring those feelings on. I have to leave the TV or some music on low to break the silence. I think my mind just goes into overdrive when I'm faced with silence. It creates possibilities that obviously aren't there such as shadows moving or feeling someone is there watching me.
@cabhay (365)
@Essjayd Yes it happens most of the times where there is deadly silence in the dark room or house.
@Essjayd (1146)
@cabhay Maybe that's it I'm actually afraid of silence rather than the actual dark :)
I am not afraid of the dark. I have no problem with it.
@JediYoda (1735)
• Samoa
Sometimes you became afraid of the dark when your imagination is getting the best of you.
@cabhay (365)
Yeahh right.... Your brain can take you to any level of imagination ...
@cabhay (365)
Imagination dominates our fear
@JediYoda (1735)
• Samoa
@cabhay Yup, imagination have a part on it.
@sputnik8 (694)
Most of the time no. Unless of course my imagination runs wild.
@cabhay (365)
Imagination dominates our fears!
@sputnik8 (694)
@cabhay You are right.
@Mila7272 (81)
What scares me about darkness is the uncertainty.
@cabhay (365)
@Mila7272 uncertainty about what?