Why myLot does not allow Promotions of other Earning Sites

Pune, India
Hi Friends, Everyone of us are here to earn some extra income by interacting with other members and based on our contributions on the site. In this journey of online earning, we may come across other earning sites which are also genuine and help us to earn few bucks or save some bucks on our shopping via coupons.. I still do'nt understands why myLot admin restricts members to post affiliate links or other earning sites?
@owlwings (39226)
• Cambridge, England
If you go to someone's house and they ask you to remove your outdoor shoes before entering or forbid you to smoke on their premises, do you ask the reason why? myLot is a privately owned site and you and I are guests and expected to obey the rules, not necessarily to understand them. myLot is a discussion site and the owners have decided (from experience, I should add) that self-promotion, amongst other things, is detrimental to the life of the site and should not be allowed because it tends to detract from the quality of discussion.
• Pune, India
Agree with you Owlwings..
@SAM774 (3734)
well said
I fully agree with what Owlwings wrote here. Posting links to other sites, possibly, to receive a compensation is "self promotion" and this is clearly against the rules. I would add that I find very rude to suggest people to join other sites, because many stop writing here hoping for better earnings.
@SAM774 (3734)
never thought about it
• Pune, India
Yes, I know the rules. But I would here the different views for keeping that kind of restrictions from other members. Discussion always help us to understand the same/simple point in different ways...
@shivamani10 (11232)
• Hyderabad, India
I think this site is not business oriented.
You should only lead people to this site not to another site.
• Pune, India
Hmm.. that is what my question... How can I lead people to myLot? Where should I post that information??
@owlwings (39226)
• Cambridge, England
@Analyst001 There's Facebook, Twitter and loads of other places both online and offline where you may have contacts.