Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow in May - and it did!

While the weather in my neck of the woods yesterday consisted of dreary drizzle and dampness followed by tremendously loud thunder - another weather pattern developed over the Smoky Mountains. Yes, just a stones throw over to the Smoky Mountains where the high peak known as Mt. LeConte received more than six inches of snow the last I heard. I am not sure what the temperature was/is up there, but I know it is chilly in my backyard and the fog is fogging up my brain! Hopefully the rain is over and the sun will be out and stay out for this week with no rain until maybe Friday. We need to dry out, we need to get the pool open! How's the weather in your neck of the woods? Photo from Pixabay
It's still beautifully warm here but the farmers are beginning to wish for rain.
We were mid 80's two days ago - this is nuts!
@dodo19 (29203)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
We got quite a bit of rain yesterday. Thankfully, the sun was out for a little while. Now, it's cloudy and raining again. I am looking forward to getting some sun.
Sounds like Canada is getting a lot of rain.
@dodo19 (29203)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@AbbyGreenhill Some areas definitely getting a lot of rain. Not sure where it's coming from, but we're still getting it.
@boiboing (12261)
• Northampton, England
9 years ago we went to Colorado and got snow at the end of May.
It is more common there than here.
It's kind of chilly right now with the winds. There have been times here in MI that it has snowed in May.
This is a first in my time in the south. And right now we need a winter coat on where two days ago it was mid 80s..Must be an alternative weather pattern.
@KristenH (21719)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sunny and brisk in the 40s today. Snow in May?
The temp dropped considerably, it was low 50's here in the valley - and the top of Mt. LeConte is pretty high and the clouds were low and the temp was low - equals snow. It's the first time I remeber snow in May in TN.
Same kind of weather it snowed on the hills around here, but we only had a downpour, no more snow. This month of May is depressing.
Depressing and very strange.....I hope things get back to normal.
@AbbyGreenhill I hope too, I wonder if humans have tried to manipulate the weather and this is the result.
@LadyDuck I wouldn't doubt it! There has to be some reason even if the weatherman can't explain it.
@ilocosboy (34391)
In contrary we have the opposition of your weather. In here, it is so hot, so intense that you want to take a bath 5 times a day.
Can I have some of your heat please????
@ilocosboy (34391)
@AbbyGreenhill yes course he he
@ilocosboy Now, I need it now!
@SAM774 (2422)
its hot here .....in May it is 39 degrees
39?
@SAM774 (2422)
@AbbyGreenhill yes 39 it damn hot here ....
@rosekiss (30087)
• Eugene, Oregon
The weather here in Oregon, is nice and sunny. We have had lots of rain, and finally, the sun is shining again. Here in Oregon, once the rain stops, it stays stopped all through summer and rains like crazy in the fall. I wish there was a happy medium, but unfortunately there isn't. I am just glad that it is finally sunny, as we sure have been needing it
We had drought last summer very odd
@rosekiss (30087)
• Eugene, Oregon
@AbbyGreenhill We have a drought every summer, as the grass turns completely brown. We need more rain then, than we do now, a I am having a hard time now, trying to keep it short enough, as it just grows so fast.. Don't get me wrong, I love the sunshine, but not everyday all summer and not get any rain at all. I hope it changes this summer. Only time will tell.
There's some snow here too! Not near me but about two hours away . It's been pouring since yesterday
Is it normal to snow this time of year?
@AbbyGreenhill Nope not at all.
Honestly j wish it would snow in may here. I love the snow. Definitely better than rain. Lol.
I am not a winter person so snow isn't/will never be on my wish list.
@AbbyGreenhill lol. Ill take it when you get it then
@LeaPea2417 (16871)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It has been unseasonably cool with rain in the past two days. Today it is sunny.
It is nice now but a little breezy.
Rain, rain and more rain here.
Please keep it up there we are soggy here from all the rain!
@silvermist (17119)
@AbbyGreenhill All you lucky persons are having rain and snow.
Today is sun thank goodness.
I awoke to rain this morning in Southern California. When is it a good weather time to visit Tennessee?
Normally by the end of the month we will be in the 90's and that goes on until September - so if you don't like heat and humidity, then October/November is the best time. Spring is ok except for the possible tornado risks. And it depends on which part of TN.
• Manahawkin, New Jersey
I live in New Jersey, it's been cool and sunny. What state do you live in?
the weather here is sunny today about 70 a bit coltish but nice and i does not'snow hhre in Garden Grove ?Ca souhern califo rnis it never snows here I came here years 'back to get away from s now and blizzards ands below zero temps too.
@sueznewz2 (9843)
• Alicante, Spain
When I was in the UK it was a bit mixed...with highs of 17... no that's not a typo we consider that a high...lol but with outbreaks of rain too... but,....now i'm back in Spain all is bright and sunny and dry with highs of 25...
@magallon (17392)
We have the opposite weather. We are having a hard time here in getting a good sleep because of the hot weather. If you go out during daytime and the sun is up, you will feel as if you are being burned.
@spaceseed (2898)
here in my country sun beams like hell