I knew it was a jab, so I ignored it.

A jab generally defines an ill word or phrase to hurt someone. However, when I use the word here, I refer to as more of a "hinting" of something. We had a birthday celebration today for a family member. One of my cousins and my aunt were sitting and chatting with the birthday girl, while I was in the other room. I heard my name mentioned and the words "she would like it too if she'd buy something." I realized it was meant to be a hint, so I ignored it. My cousin and aunt have taken up selling cosmetics, and while I wish them all the best, I prefer a more natural approach with my skin care. I will not be buying anything from their store, I already looked and there is nothing there that I would be willing to use myself. --- As an aside.. I will try to make a conscience effort to come here and interact more but I am also looking for gainful employment (still employed but need better options) and am using all of my free time to that pursuit.. well other than my free time spent reading...
It is nice to support but if we can't use the products then I don't buy just to buy either. Good luck on your job hunting!
Thank You. I am juggling job hunting, earning online, and reading. I only work one day a week now.
@ScribbledAdNauseum They cut your hours ridiculously! I freelance at home on my spare time but I need to find more sites. You tried Mintvine right? I am doing really good on there. Extra $30-50 a month. It's the whole pending to cash out takes a long time!
@infatuatedbby I don't particularly enjoy doing freelance stuff like that, but I may end up giving it a go.
I dont like little hints. They shouldve just said it to you or least infront of you.
My family is pretty good about using hints... that is to say, annoying at using them.
@prinzcy (5057)
My aunt make that kind of remarks to me once and I swore I would never buy anything from her. That's not very nice of her.
I feel for the peple who sell things like cosmetics, it can't be a very lucrative career.
@katsmeow1213 (29044)
Well if make up isn't your thing then it isn't your thing! Good luck on the job hunt!
Thank You. I am definitely trying my best to find better options. As for the makeup thing, I feel bad but not enough to buy something I won't use. They need spare money, and I completely understand that, but I won't buy something I won't use. Especially now when money is tight for me.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yeah I know how you feel. Money is tight for so many people and they're all trying to find other ways of earning some money, and not parting with it so easily. Then they go and have these parties specifically for the things they're selling, and you know if you go to the party you have to buy something.. but all your friends are going so you sort of want to so you can socialize but you don't want to spend the money... yep yep..
@katsmeow1213 Well not exactly for my family, atleast. I don't think they've thought to do any of the parties.. .It's for Younique. Have you heard of it? I think my aunt and cousin want to solely do everything online. I can't say as I blame them but they won't be getting any money withoiut reaching out further than the family and close friends...
Family members usually expect others to be supportive of their enterprises I guess.
Yes, and normally I probably would be. I have shared the link to their store on facebok. I just can't afford to buy something I won't use. Money is tight right now.
@ScribbledAdNauseum ......Smart not to buy something you won't use anyway.
@dpk262006 (56482)
It is your choice whether to buy something from your aunt or not, irrespective of the fact what they deserve from you. What better options for employment you are looking for?
Anything. Right now I am only getting one day per week at where I am at now. I am trying to find something else, or atleast something to supplement my ncome.
Enjoy your job-hunting. I hope you find something more suited to you. As for your aunt and cousin ... ack, they just want another sale! They're easily ignored. :)
Easily ignored, perhaps, but I still feel sorry for them. I'm constantly looking for a better fit... (job wise)
@responsiveme (16814)
Yes, it is indeed difficult when people you know want to sell things. What are your reading Choices
If you do not want anything why would you buy something. Just tell them that. They should understand.