Calling Out People

I don't think it's necessary to do that on a site like this. If you don't like someone's post, then just don't pay attention to it. If you get offended, there is still no reason to swear at them. I've seen some who leave mean comments. It's fine to disagree in a civil way. There is one on here who shares her point of view and I respect that and agree many times with it. There are a few on here though, who does not and attacks the ones who don't agree. Swearing at people on here makes the person doing it look really bad. Disagreeing with someone can be done in a respectful way.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I've only been back for a few days, but I've read some surprisingly mean comments. There's been a few posts that I didn't care for, but I opted not to comment rather than say something mean. Swearing, well there's never a good reason for that.
@BettyB I like to think that we all are adult enough not to swear on here just because we don't agree with someone.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
I so very much agree. I did think all our opinions mattered and we have a right to them. However we don't have a right to be nasty. I had someone be nasty to me and I just unfriended them and moved on. They are not worth my time or worry.
@fishtiger58 All of our opinions matter whether we agree or not. You are right, just move on and ignore it instead of insulting someone.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@Susan2015 I refuse to get into an argument here
As I said recently in a post - there is a lot of negativity on myLot.
@AbbyGreenhill I don't know where it's all coming from!
I agree completely, there is a fair bit of negative connotations and insults resulting on the site.
@Juliaacv I think those people need to be warned not to insult anymore or they will be deleted.
@dodo19 (33583)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I have to agree with you. We're all going to disagree, and that's fine. However, I don't see the need to swear or anything like that. If I don't like someone's post or comment, I ignore it and move on.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
I always follow the basic I ignore such comments which I don't like it's good to put your point but it's not necessary to offend people through comments.
@alberello75 (18638)
• Genova, Italy
Obviously here on Mylot, respect and honesty, are the main things. You are right, if one does not think like me, I can avoid making unjustified comments, and then I never allow myself to respond with offenses! This goes against the rules of Mylot!
I seriously think its wrong to tell people they are stupid because they like the President, I see that often, another I see is she tells people how they eat is gross and she does not know that may be all the person has to eat. I am with you, I am biting my typing fingers when I want to cuss someone out.
@andriaperry Yes you make a good point. Just because some like the new President is no reason to call people names.
@hostessman (9941)
• Tucson, Arizona
i agree with you 100% if you don't like a post just ignore it
@hostessman Yes, just move on to another one.
@sueznewz2 (10133)
• Alicante, Spain
I agree with you wholeheartedly... there is no need to be rude or unpleasant ... I must admit I have not seen much of it... but then I only read a relatively small number of peoples posts... and they are nice to one another...lol
@Fishmomma (11452)
I avoid political posts, as people get mean sometimes. Its not possible to agree with others all the time and I do avoid posts when it will just bother me. I don't think people should swear on Mylot at all; however, maybe it will be removed by Admin.
That is so rue. There is no reason to get rude over a discussion.
We do have some who cannot call it a day if they have not done that atleast once in a day (lol)
• Midland, Michigan
I've shared my view with friends before when we've agreed to disagree, which is the best way to work out differences. No one will always have everyone agree with what they say, share or their opinions on life. It's unfortunate when some get darn right pushy with trying to get everyone else to believe things their way. We all have a choice on who we spend time with here and anywhere online.
@sputnik8 (693)
You are perfectly correct on this.
This is so sad to hear. I have not seen the comments that are totally inappropriate, but it sure is disappointing to hear about this.
@YesWay (3447)
Oh my goodness. I haven't seen anything like that around thankfully.