can you take a train on a journey of 2 days?

@shynu44 (4780)
I have never take a train on a long journey but some people reported that it is such a fun to embark on such journeys on a train.
@witword (27)
I used to have that same notion too till a while ago. Somehow I had to travel on a train journey once and believe it or not,its truly a fascinating mode of travel. You get to see life's journey from a travel perspective whist in a train.. I suggest you give it a try once and let m know how it felt.
@shynu44 (4780)
ohk, thanks.
Long time ago I tried to have such kind of journey. Since at that time it was not the traveling season, so it was not crowded in the train and it was fine. Today many trains speed up and we also have high speed trains. Besides, the taking the plane has become common today. And this is why we don't often spend longer time on the train like before.
My longest train ride lasted 36 hours. I travelled from a German city to Moscow. Yet this is nothing compared to train rides in Russia from West to East or vice versa. Such a journey lasts nearly a week.
@shynu44 (4780)
wow. many people do report swollen feet when they take trains for hours
@shynu44 You can buy special stockings in a pharmacy if you travel for a long time. Of course, you must get up and walk every now and then.
There are Amtrak trains leaving from my city in which one can take a long train journey. Maybe I will do so and not come back lol
@prashu228 (25820)
yes i did, 3 days journey on train , it was fun as well as tiring
@Essjayd (1620)
I don't think I could do a 2 day train journey. I've done 2 day long road trips but in that I have the freedom to stop when I want or where I want. If I had to do a long journey I would much rather do it by car.