Dinner tonight for three for under $10!

Ponce De Leon, Florida
Tonight was chicken bacon ranch pasta. I cheated a little bit and did a Velveeta Skillet, which had everything in the box except the chicken. The Velveeta Skillet box was $3.00 The pound of chicken I used was $2.03 I used about $0.25 of Olive Oil and about another $0.50 of spices. So altogether dinner for three cost $5.78. I think I did pretty good. That's what dinner was tonight, and what it cost. What did you have?
@Essjayd (1620)
Well done it sounds lovely. I do the same I try to feed us for as little as possible. Tonight we just had lasagne and garlic bread. Probably cost me around £6 or £7 to make it but there's a couple of portions left in the freezer for another time.
OMG lasagne! I am salivating. Pasta dish is not so popular here in Korea which makes me miss my motherland ,Philippines.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That sounds good too. I love garlic bread.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I did not have dinner tonight. I will have two apples with salad dressing in a few hours.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@sharon6345 Apples dipped in salad dressing?
@thislittlepennyearns drenched in salad dressing. I love it. yum.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@sharon6345 That sounds interesting... what kind of dressing?
Talk about eating on a budget! Definitely a tasty but affordable meal you got there.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@allen0187 oh and bacon. Can't forget bacon
That's less than $2 per person. That will be a hard record to beat.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JohnRoberts tonight might be pretty close
We are going to have Italian sausage and pork beans.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
We will probably have pork and beans tomorrow night @jstory07 . I love beans and sausage.
Our dinner tonight was Samgyupsal. Everything is expensive here . We spent more than 10usd for tonight's dinner.
Oh I dont know, its been a while since I did a break down. we had leftovers since I grilled so much yesterday, plus I froze the rest of the meat for more mels another day. You did good!
Sounds like a pretty good dinner and, we had chicken noodle soup.
We had meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Paid $4 for one pound of ground beef, and $4 for 5lb of potatoes yesterday that we used both last night and today. Already had eggs, seasonings and bread crumbs in the house
@scheng1 (24806)
That is very cheap. I think you can add in a soup with vegetables plus some fruits, and you can still keep the cost to under $10. Our dinner was cheap too. We have rice, scrambled eggs with long beans (chopped into small pieces), otak otak (a kind of spicy fish cake), and vegetable soup with minced meat. It is for a family of 3 too.