Visited the "Rose City," Portland, Oregon this weekend

photo is mine
Eugene, Oregon
Anne was taking a three day class from a master art quilter locally, so I drove to Portland on Saturday and stayed with my daughter and the (grand dog) Chihuahua. They were both glad to see me too. We walked for miles and ate at many of the great restaurants there. There are so many great restaurants in that city! The weather was perfect too. We even checked out a fancy bathroom shop to get ideas for how she wants to remodel her own. It was great to spend that much time with her and not have to drive back on the same day.
I am glad you enjoyed some family time with your daughter.
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you, I am glad I thought of making the trip.
That was great that you were able to spend that time with your daughter and grand dog.
• Eugene, Oregon
It really was, Judy. Thanks!
I have never visited this place and I feel that I have lost something interesting. I hope to come back to the United States one day.
• Eugene, Oregon
Portland is a fascinating city that seems big to me. My daughter thinks it is just right and feels quite comfortable there after seven years.
@JamesHxstatic I remember Portland like a pretty big city, even if not too big. I do not like very big cities like New York or Los Angeles.
• Eugene, Oregon
@LadyDuck It is nowhere near that size really, nor as big as Seattle, which seems huge to me.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I grew up in downtown Portland, which resturant is your favorite?
• Eugene, Oregon
The downtown places are not as good as the many great ones in neighborhoods all over town. My daughter is reluctant to go to the same one twice, so I really don't have a favorite.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JamesHxstatic Well where did you go during this past visit? Downtown has good places, you just have to know where to go. There used to be this little italian place on Hawthorne that I loved but I could not for the life of me remember the name of it when I went to respond to this.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
I love the way you refer to the dog as your "grand dog" its the funniest - I have grand-dogs as well
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, and I am the dog-father.
@Inlemay (17276)
• South Africa
@JamesHxstatic ha ha ha that one I like as well. The I must be the DOG-Mother not sure what clout that might carry but a whole lot of love
• Eugene, Oregon
@Inlemay My daughter is meeting with a much-needed trainer today about the barking too much problem. She could take the dog to work if she learns to be quiet.
I can imagine it would have been a lovely break for you. I've no doubt the little dog recognises you easily by now.
• Eugene, Oregon
She was quite excited to see me and so was my daughter,
@JamesHxstatic It's very heart-warming to get an enthusiastic welcome from a pet - especially one that isn't yours.
@responsiveme (13147)
I always enjoy family time.Glaf you had fun.Why is it called Rose City?
• Eugene, Oregon
Portland is a city of roses, with a huge rose garden park.
@JamesHxstatic beautiful, when is the time they bloom?
@PatZAnthony (11721)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It sounds like a great place to visit, even when a quilting class is not involved @JamesHxstatic
• Eugene, Oregon
It is a great city to visit. I am glad my daughter lives there.
Portland does have some great restaurants....
• Eugene, Oregon
It seems there is one on every corner. Breakfast at the New Deal Cafe was great.
Sounds like a grand time for you and your daughter!
• Eugene, Oregon
We really enjoyed it, thanks!