Christmas at Claridges.

@millie02 (6921)
United Kingdom
I brought this book a few weeks before Christmas because I had a voucher to spend. I was hoping that reading a book with a Christmas theme would help me to get into the Christmas spirit. However while reading the book, I did notice that it had very little to do with Christmas or Claridges. ___ This book is about a girl who is known as Clem, and she is also known to be a `Party Girl'. She lives life to the full and always has a new boyfriend because she always dumps them after a set number of weeks. By the time Clem is twenty nine years old , she is beginning to get herself a bit of a bad reputation. Clem could be described as somebody who has a charmed life with rich parents and an adoring brother who she shares a flat with. Her brother runs the family business where Clem has been found a job. But there is some underlying problem between Clem and her mother and we are left wondering what that is all about. A chance meeting gives Clem the opportunity to meet a man who stalks her in a good way. This mystery man gives the family firm a huge contract on the condition that Clem does the work in his home in Italy. While in Italy, Clem is confronted by people from her past and she has to come to terms with the mistakes that she made years ago. ___ By the end of the book, the reader has realised that there is more to Clem than they thought at the start of the book. I enjoyed reading this book and I found it very hard to put down once I got into the story. There are a lot of twists in this tale that made me guess wrongly about who was who while the story was being told.
I like those books that are hard to put down. I also like twists. Sounds like a good read.
@millie02 (6921)
This one was hard to put down.
@millie02 ......These are the ones you want to share I would think.
@millie02 (6921)
@celticeagle Yes, it is no fun writing about books that I did not enjoy reading.
• New Delhi, India
Sounds interesting... Enjoy
@millie02 (6921)
I did enjoy it thanks.
• New Delhi, India
@millie02 could you relate the story with the title?
@millie02 (6921)
@amitkokiladitya Not really because Christmas and Claridges were only a small part of the story.
Glad that you enjoyed your book.
The story is a voyage of self realization?