Throw in the Towel

@Trensue (5265)
Today we were talking about when it is time to just simply give up. It is important to know when it is time to close a door and walk away. One of the things that I find perplexing is how to justify how it will effect others. I am ready to move. However, my husband and brother are not. Is it time to cut the strings and move on? How would that effect their daily life, their finances and ability to enjoy life? Tough decisions ahead.
@Plethos (4847)
If youre done, then youre done. Accept the fallout and let them figure it out.
@Trensue (5265)
So I attempted to be gone one night. All heck broke loose. They really cannot take care of themselves.
@Plethos (4847)
@Trensue - keep adding up a night, 2, 3, 4, and so on, until they get the hint or the survival gene kicks in.
Sometimes its the hardest thing in the world but I am glad I did it and when you leave, they will follow. I am now getting peace and I am glad I left all that crap behind me.
@Trensue (5265)
Oh sometimes I just want an easy way out.
@Nawsheen (22857)
• Mauritius
Do what you think is right for you and your family. Only if you close the door to your past will you be able to move to the future. Go for it
@prashu228 (21824)
But why you want to give up
@mandala100 (24982)
I've been there before yup, sometimes we need to make a tough call. Anyway, good luck to you whatever your decision is.