Tuesday's Frugal Dinner, dinner for three, CHEAP!

Ponce De Leon, Florida
Tonight's meal was easy, cheap and yummy. We had beans and sausage for dinner with cornbread. Smoked Sausage was $1.79 2 Cans of Beans were $1.60 2 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread mix were $1.00 Spices were $0.25 Probably used about $0.50 of milk The butter for the cornbread was $0.25 worth or so. So all in all, dinner cost $5.39! :) Not too bad. Or at least I don't so. Stay tuned for tomorrow and see if I set a new record for money saving dinner! What did you have for dinner tonight?
We are having pizza, breadstick & wings! Normally $22 for $13.49. I have a $10 off coupon :) And we'll have left overs!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@infatuatedbby that sounds good, what kind of pizza did you get?
@thislittlepennyearns pepperoni and pineapple , mild wings & breadsticks
That's definitely a cheap meal. We had mississippi pot roast but it started with a $14 piece of chuck roast. Everything else was cheap so dinner for 2 and probably 1 more leftover meal cost us less than $20. Definitely cheaper than eating out!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@NjChicaa, I may sound really stupid, but what exactly is a Mississippi pot roast? Lol, what else did you have with it?
@thislittlepennyearns the recipe is all over the Internet--for slow cookers and pressure cookers. I had it with jasmine rice and steamed green beans.
That is a great frugal dinner. I had some leftover chili.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Happy2BeMe , mmm chili. Was it homemade or store bought? I need to find a good recipe for homemade chili and try it out.
@thislittlepennyearns homemade..my fiance makes it his way
Sounds good
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Courtlynn, it was. I was pretty lazy tonight- and it was easy. Especially since I only made the corn bread, the other half made the beans and sausage. lol, what did y'all have?
I will probably bake a piece of fish, steam some veggies and have a little rice from last night and how much that cost, beats me !
@minx267 (14565)
• Hartford, Connecticut
My lunch earlier today was a Frozen Beef w/Vidalia Onions Patty.. (got them from Wal-mart they are Delicious and only $6.98 for a box of 6) and a 1/3 of a Stouffers Mac N Cheese ( I got a 20 oz box as it was cheaper per pound and I split it into 3 (side dish) meals. That was $3 so for $2.17 I had a really tasty lunch. Tonight I am at work and brought something I could make quickly. So I have a can of Tuna ($1) I brought some mayonaisse.. (maybe about .25 to .50) I mix in some garlic powder and I am going to eat that as a dip with some tortilla chips (maybe about .75 worth) So again a meal for a little over $2.
Sounds a good dinner. I just had a salad with some turkey and, a little cheese was very good though.
The goal is for you get it under $5!
did you use sugar or butter in your corn bread? That would be oh so good that is how it's made around here and boy will it be moist and nice. Tonight I had two slices of bread with jelly and cream cheese. alongside that chopped apples with salad dressing. How do you think I did with pricing. Cheap right. NICE!!!