Comfort or a better brand : what to choose?

@shaynas (5552)
This is about the play school my son will be going soon. he is 2 year old. I have a play school just next to my apartment. It's a chain of one of the leading playschool groups in india. This branch is a new one and the set up is not so big. But as it's so near to my place, it sounds comfortable as my kid won't need to travel and we are just meters away in case of anything. The next option is one of the very good international brand playschool. It's huge and a wonderful set up. But they are far away, around 10-12 km from my place which will mean 40 minutes of traveling on one side. They have pick up and drop facility for kids. Now this leaves me double minded, which should i choose? At times i feel, i should think about the comfort as play school hardly matters. Other times i feel i should send him to the best. Can anyone here help me choose?
The one near your home have you toured it? Even though it may not be the best name - for me I'd go with the one near your home, as long as it's a good playschool Imagine your child gets sick, it's take you so long to pick your child up. Or if there is a school emergency - which I hope neither happens but I'd be more comfortable traveling quickly and not 40 minutes. Plus that'll be a drag on you to have to go 40 minutes there and back everyday
@shaynas (5552)
Yes i did. It looks nice, but since it would be their first batch, i can not find anyone for real reviews. But now i too feel, closer one is better. Thanks :)
@shaynas Oh it is a new opening place? That is good to hear its a newly constructed place then right? I would feel at ease if I could reach my child (I don't have one) but within distances and not too fair from home. What does your husband think?
@shaynas (5552)
@infatuatedbby Yes a new one. The place is new and so are the toys and other equipment. My husband also voted for the close one, but i was confused as the other i talked about has huge place for play area.
At his age, I would send him to the one closest to you.
@shaynas (5552)
Everyone here feels the same . I was just confused as the far one had big play space for kids.
@shaynas Glad we could help you.
@shaynas (5552)
@DianneN Thans a lot :)
@ShifaLk (7376)
I think it's better to admit him in the school nearby as he's so little yet and he just needs to learn sitting... Then later , you can send him to bigger one too
@shaynas (5552)
Yeah, got him admitted to the near one. Will be starting his school in a week!! :)
@ShifaLk (7376)
@shaynas great...
@Nawsheen (22941)
• Mauritius
If there are people who can go and fetch your kid from the school that is a bit from away then it would not be a problem. If you thinking you are going to have difficulties droping/fetching him then better choose the school that is nearer
@shaynas (5552)
Fetching and dropping won't be an issue, the school provides the transport. Only issue is extra hours he will need for travelling.
@Nawsheen (22941)
• Mauritius
@shaynas if he has to travel for long hours he may feel very tired. In that case it is preferable to send him to the school nearer to you
@prashu228 (25124)
If you want brand and best then why don't you shift. Otherwise your boy is still in play school so brand doesn't matter as he is still very young just starting school, go for the near one
@shaynas (5552)
I can't shift...just for his playschool. I agree he is too young to travel for so long daily.
@prashu228 (25124)
@shaynas then its better to go for near by school , as he is a kid ,it may be a problem if he is sent too far
@sputnik8 (694)
If I'm in your place I'll select the one nearest to your home for convenience sake.
@shaynas (5552)
Everyone seem to have the same opinion. And yes, i chose the near one finally :)
@salonga (28078)
I'd choose the one near to my place of course. It would be very inconvenient for you and your child to travel far just for a play school.
@shaynas (5552)
yeah, traveling with a kid is pain!
I know it may sound like silly as your son is still very little. But if I were you, I would bring your son to both of these two playschools to see which one he likes more. I know another playschool is far from your home, but as you said, they have pick up and drop facility and therefore it is OK.
@shaynas (5552)
I took him at both places while we were checking out, and he was equally excited at both the places. Because as a kid, he was just interested in the toys. The issue with traveling, is, it will take him 2 extra hours (other than the play school time) away from home.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
Obviously go for comfort. Especially since it's his first time to school being away from you, choose a place where you can be of reach any time.
@shaynas (5552)
Thanks. Everyone here have same opinion, and i feel i will go for the same :)
I would go for the one closer to home. i had to make a choice like that when my son started junior school. choosing the one closest to my home was the best decision for us. However, you will work out what is best for you.
@shaynas (5552)
Thanks for your words, now i feel closer is better.
@Teekaaa (3871)
• Chennai, India
Since your kid is too young and it is for play school, you can join him in the near by school. For of now You Can see the comfortability of your kid, when he grow, You can look for brand...
@shaynas (5552)
Thanks. My husband thinks same. Mostly i will go for the near one only :)
@Teekaaa (3871)
• Chennai, India
@shaynas best of luck ...
@shaynas (5552)
@Teekaaa thanks dear
@m_audrey6788 (13985)
For me I will choose comfort..because I believe that you can learn and get along easily if you are comfortable..
@shaynas (5552)
that is true, specially for a kid, comfort is very important.