Something to Think About

@nanette64 (13126)
Fairfield, Texas
"It's not the years of your life but the life in your years that count." - Adlai E. Stevenson. When you are in your teens, you don't even consider your 30's, 40's, 50's or more. In your mind, someone in their 30's is an old fart. You have no clue that life can be cut short by an incident, whether in your control or not. Every day should be considered a special day; whether that includes family, work, play or friends. That's not to say that you should be fearful and let that fear override your endeavors or goals. Remember the saying, "Here today, gone tomorrow?" It applies to each and every one of us regardless of our age. So take into account the quote by Stevenson and make every day count. "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours." - Marlys Wohlenhous. Murdered at age 18 in 1979.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I treasure your words here Nanette for they are precious and so right. Why are we here and if we do not know, at least make the most of it, all we can. Just looked up about that beautiful girl that was murdered so brutally. So sad.
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
And it's even scarier in today's world @TiarasOceanView . Who knows what that girl could have accomplished in her life. And that sick SOB had absolutely no remorse whatsoever. When I open my eyes in the morning and my feet touch the floor, I am grateful for another day.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@nanette64 I know you are Nanette. Don't I know it, your life has not been a piece of cake either.
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
@TiarasOceanView Every one has bad times in their life, but it's the good ones that keep you going. Besides, the cake might go bad but the frosting will probably still be good. LOL
Perfect quotes to live by, my friend. We are given so many days, and should not waste each and every one of them. We have the power to find positives in every single day, even the bad ones.
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
You got that right. @Corbin5 . Had to go to the store. Checked the weather radar; clear. Got in the car; started raining. Got to the store. Quit raining. Got in the car to go home; started raining. Got home; stopped raining. The Plus????? My car got washed and I didn't turn into a prune.
You are right, I still remember when I considered the 30 years as "old". Now I would love to go back in time to my thirties.
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
Boy am I with you there @LadyDuck .
@blitzfrick (2996)
The youth of today have a new way of saying it. YOLO—you only live once.
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
There may be hope for our younguns' yet @blitzfrick .
• Waltham, Massachusetts
I agree with what you say and it is important to think about and follow. We do need to make the most out of our lives because we don't know how much time we have and we need to be grateful and pass on a positive attitude. Every day is a gift with each precious moment. We have to remember these things.
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
Hugs and a smile for you @melindataylor22 .
@sputnik8 (697)
@Nanette64 Good discussion!
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @sputnik8 .
@sputnik8 (697)
@nanette64 Your welcome.
Well done!!!
@CRK109 (14365)
All of those sayings have so much meaning behind them. Life really is short and while enjoying life can be so very difficult for some people, we can find our joy in little things that make a difference.
Great quotes to live by! We only pass by this world only once so we must live it fruitfully. Also, I believe in not sweating small stuff.
Well said. Many times I have been classified as being "old before my time" - just because from my teenage years I have always looked ahead . I realized that youth would not last forever - and also that we can be called to leave this world - anytime.
Like the old saying " Seize the day"~
@UncleJoe (8094)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I always say that I'm not going to spend so much time worrying about dying that I can't enjoy living.
Yes we must be thankful everyday we are here