Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 244 Proverbs 22:11 Proverbs 22:11 He that loves pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend. To have pureness of heart is a person who is honest, a person of integrity, a person of high moral standards and conduct. How many people do you know like that? In a world where push comes to shove and everyone is out to get the best of everything, no matter the cost or how it is obtained, there isn’t much integrity going around. People do not defer to one another. They take oftentimes at the expense of another person. Solomon praised the person who had pure motives, was honest, and a person he could trust. He said those people were friends to kings, why? Because they could be trusted. David, his father, made a covenant with himself regarding himself and the people he associated with. Psalm 101:1 < I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing. 2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. 3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. 4 A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. 5 Whoso privily slanders his neighbor, him will I cut off: him that hath a high look and a proud heart will not I suffer. 6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walks in a perfect way, he shall serve me. 7 He that works deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that tells lies shall not tarry in my sight. 8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD. David knew his heart was not perfect, and determined to change, so the Lord would see his faithfulness. He did not change so the world would see the change, but so that the Lord would see the change in him. Solomon saw the change in his father, and knew it was that kind of person that came before kings and were friends with kings. Deceitful people would never find a position in the king’s house. When you determine as David did, to have a pure heart, to put away every evil from your sight, you too will be a person of integrity and you will be friends with people of influence. As Christians, you are to emulate your Savior, Jesus Christ. He never lied, deceit was never found in him, he had a heart of compassion for the people, he loved unconditionally, gave up his position in heaven to teach you what God, his Father, expected of you, and when he had done everything his Father required, he lay down his life, to take it back up again for your salvation, and is now sitting at the Father’s right hand, interceding for you and me, and he called his disciples, friends. You are his friends when you do what he commands. John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knows not what his lord does: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. There is no greater honor than to be called a friend of our Lord Jesus Christ. The only way to be Jesus’ friend, is to do what he commands, and his command is simple – love one another just as he loved you. A person like that will be a man of integrity, honest, and not one who pushes his way forward in life at the expense of another person. Let’s pray: Father, let me be a person of high moral standards and conduct, a person of integrity, honest, compassionate, and one who loves unconditionally as you love everyone and sent your Son, Jesus, to be my Savior, to be my friend. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 11 May 2017 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@bunnybon7 (37472)
• Holiday, Florida
i do try but in this day so many around me are not christian so if i ignore all them i would have even less social time or actual people to talk to in real life. lol. but i see the point and have kept myself away from it as much as possible. i am already a shut in with not much real life interaction here. have you thought of being a preacher? or are you already? you are pretty good with this you know
It's impossible to keep yourself away from dishonest people. Even Jesus didn't keep himself away from them, but taught them what God wanted from them. Thank you for the compliment. No, I'm not a preacher, but I have had some Bible college education. I would like to finish one day.
@prashu228 (25503)
Good message, every Christian should try this.
Yes they should.
@Nawsheen (22958)
• Mauritius
Thank you for this wonderful message. God bless you
Thanks again for another wonderful message.