Simon Cromwell will not return to "American Idol" in 2017

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Former "American Idol" judge Simon Cromwell who was on the Fox television version of the music talent show does not plan to return as a judge in the newer version that is coming to the fall schedule on the American Broadcasting Company (ABC), Cromwell was the judge many of the contestants of the talent show loved to hate due to his harsh criticism of the contestants on the Fox version. The new judges on the musical talent show have not been selected as of today. There is no word if Ryan Seacrest who is currently working with Kelly Ripa on the "Live" show will return to resume his role on the new "American Idol" at this time. If Seacrest returns to resume his role on "American Idol", expect fireworks between him and Ripa. If he does return to host "American Idol."
I've never watched a single second of this show.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Neither did I. I rather see the talent show the late Ed McMahon hosted.
@Deepizzaguy - Star Search.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@teamfreak16 Thank you since I admire Ed McMahon (RIP) for being a good host and not a prima donna.
@jobelbojel (5149)
I am surprised that they renewed when I knew they already cancelled this.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Fox cancelled American Idol after the 2016 television season. The American Broadcasting Company (ABC) decided to have the show on its fall schedule in 2017.
No one will miss Cowell. They canceled this show due to lessening ratings and now they revive it a few years later?
I think Simon Cowell will be missed At least I will miss him.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am sure there some of his fans who will miss his straight as an arrow judgement.