A Dilemma And Considering Options.

I've written on line for quite some time, written several books and now have considered going away from sites like this. My heart has been on the recovery community for a long time but writing here has been enjoyable too. I've been away since the 9th and here is why. 1. In recent days I've seen some unusual changes that make me wonder if blogging might be a better avenue because then it is less tied to appeasing others and more about speaking from the heart. 2. Every site I've written at has the plagiarism, Insult and protective factors. As a result they are difficult for people to monitor. Sometimes 'favoritism' seems to play into how the rules are enforced. 3. Every site has had some level of in equitable focus. 4. Lately the monitoring here has appeared to go the way of the last site I was on (Bubbs) which has me thinking it may be time. While the management here hasn't been the same in attitude, it has been the same in many other ways. Here is my plan for the next few weeks to make a final decision on what comes next: 1. I will look into monetizing my present blog and possibly creating several segments to it. Those segments would be something like this A. Daily Encouragements. B. Political Thoughts and Insights. C. Humor. D. Insights Into Addiction. E. Recovery Information. D. General Thoughts and topical writings. 2. Evaluate the time spent writing here by writing posts and seeing what happens. 3. Looking to redesign my website and other facets of my online presence including but not limited to: A. Considering A complete change of my Facebook presence (possible departure). B. Departing from My lot as an active writer and possibly complete involvement. It is not that I am unhappy writing here but rather that it may not be the best use of time for me. C. Focusing on creating more specialized writing as I did when writing for Associated Content ( later known as Yahoo Voices). D. Moving more to Twitter, Pintrest and sourcing sites as my focus. Here is my question: Has anyone else considered other options or had dilemmas lately? What are your thoughts?
@dragon54u (31407)
I haven't been here a lot lately, either, because I spend my online time writing. I get a penny a word and it adds up nicely. (Before anyone asks, my employer doesn't need any more writers right now!) The work load has increased recently but when I'm done I'll be here more often. You do have to consider the best use of your time. My goal is to get out of debt so I spend my time where I can make the most money. Your goals are quite different from mine, much more altruistic. While you like making extra money you also want to help others. I hope you don't leave myLot altogether. Maybe you could pop in here for a few minutes a couple times a week. But I agree that your time would be better spent elsewhere if you want to actively help people in recovery or considering it.
@dragon54u I doubt I'll completely leave as I do like checking in with people. As far as making money goes, I may need to find a better fit for me. I have several books I've written but also have several projects to do.