No Thank You, Very Much

Oh, stop it you whining saps! I'm no sucker. I don't need this. I find it embarrassing and uncalled for. I'm surrounded by it day after day, year round. Who the heck needs more flowers, more jewelry, more gifts, more sappy, tear jerking cards, more special breakfasts in bed, more hugs and kisses, more phone calls, more I love you so much, and more opening doors and lifting of heavy objects? I have it year round, and I appreciate the love I've been given since the day my hubby made me a mother, twice over. I don't need a special day to be recognized as a mother. Our younger son's future in-laws have invited us to celebrate Mother's Day at their home. Now, THAT, I like! Happy Mother's Day to those who celebrate!!!!
I dislike commercial celebrations like this one, but I had lunch with my Mom, just because I know she appreciates.
I feel the same way about Valentine's Day and my birthday, but I do appreciate the extra love I get. I'm sure your mother appreciates it, too.
@DianneN Yes, she appreciated and this year the Mother's Day has been the same day as my husband birthday. We had a double celebration.
@LadyDuck That was extra special!
Have a lovely Mothers Day at in laws Dianne. Those are beautiful the roses.
Many thanks! It's been a busy last few days.
@DianneN Welcome love.
Sounds like a good day! Have fun.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.
@josie_ (7348)
Walmart and other chain department stores appreciate "mother's day". It's just business, nothing personal" as I imagine a mafioso hitman would say. "Hi mom what's for breakfast?" is something that is more up close and personal.
Lol! So true!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I hear all of the jewelry stores doing their adds on the radio, both sports talk radio and news radio. "Your mom will love this diamond surrounded by blah bah blah representing her precious children." I change the station.
@TheHorse I think my husband listened carefully. Lol! He just doesn't listen to me!!!! I don't want or need anymore jewelry, although I do love my new ring.
You are surrounded by lots of love and appreciation - today and everyday ! Happy Mother's Life - enjoy the rest of the weekend's celebration!!
Thank you! And the very same to you!
That is sweet and it sounds like fun.
It turned out to be extra special, but I feel the love every day, which is how it should be.
I feel the same way I do not need all that. I have a rose bush outside my house.
Roses are beautiful!
You may not want it or need it, but I'm guessing by those beautiful flower arrangements, you're very much appreciated and loved and they would give you the moon if they could put a lasso around it and haul it down to earth for you. Happy Mother's Day and I hope you enjoy the celebration at your son's future in-law's home. Have you picked out your dress for the wedding yet?
That was so beautifully stated! It was a day filled with extra special love, even the dinner at our son's future inlaws. It seems that neither of us have gotten our dresses, yet. About 10 more lbs. and I'll start looking. Hope your day was filled with love.
@DianneN I had a wonderful Mother's Day, thank you. I didn't go anywhere, but I heard from all my kids and my youngest son stopped over for a little bit before going to work.
@just4him I just read all about it. I'm soooo happy for you. That's just how it should be. Cool to have a boat in the family, too!
Yes, we get used to them already that all we need is the attention of our children and husband like dining out indeed.
We are both spoiled rotten!
@DianneN You deserve it.
@SIMPLYD So do you!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I heard on the news yesterday that the woman (herself childless) who thought up Mother's Day 100 years or so ago eventually "went bankrupt" trying to undo what she'd started. The commercialization of Mother's Day is why she grew to hate it.
It's no worse than the commercialization of anything. It should come from the heart.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@DianneN Exactly. My 94-year-old Auntie gets a call right now. But she don't need no stinkin' flowers. Heh.
@Shiva49 (13040)
@DianneN Agreed 100% - siva
@garymarsh6 (14085)
You should relish the fact that your kids love you so much and even though they show it for the rest of the year this is your special day. Don't disappoint them they love you!
Of course I relish the fact that my kids and hubby love me so much. I would never willingly disappoint them! I've only told you how I feel. Lol! I'm just saying I don't need a special day to feel the love.
@garymarsh6 (14085)
@DianneN That's good Dianne. I am sure they adore you and I know your husband does!
Have a lovely day at your future in laws for Mother's Day :) Happy Mother's Day to you!!
Thanks so much! I'm very excited. This will our first time at their house. Enjoy your day, too!
@DianneN That is wonderful - have a good time there! Thank you!
• Midland, Michigan
I have no problem not celebrating the day either although I don't get all those things year around. I told my hubby when we were first married that we needed to hold off until we could afford them. I did get two pots of tulips that I can plant from each daughter, and one daughter's boyfriend also bought me a bleeding heart plant to plant. That's the first time in the four years they've been dating that he's gotten me a plant although for Father's Day a couple years ago he built two planters in the back yard to allow us to grow veggies without having to kneel on the ground. We do usually spend time with my larger family at my brother's house, but this year we celebrated last Sunday and we talked my sil into not doing everything like she normally does and the rest of us took food Family time is always appreciated.
Sounds lovely, too!
@prinzcy (5058)
Happy mother's day to you.
Thank you!
@Gillygirl (17329)
• Sutton, England
You do have a point, I often bought my mum flowers and little gifts. Have fun today.
Thanks! Same to you. I wish my mother was still here. I always tried to make her day extra special. The very last time I saw her was on Mother's Day.
@Gillygirl (17329)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN I didn't know that Dianne.
@Gillygirl (17329)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN So sad.
@jobelbojel (7178)
I think most moms want simple celebration. They would really appreciate personal greetings than commercialized ones. And, those are lovely flowers.
I agree. I beg them not to waste their money on me, but no one listens. Thank you! I do love the flowers and my new ring. lol
@DianneN would be a nice ring.
@jobelbojel Don't laugh, but it's similar to two others he has gotten me. I just smile and thank him. Lol!
Oh Mother's Day is great I always treat my mom great but I like to really do.something great for mother's day I do not spend alot but the gifts are from.the heart
From the heart is the way to go! AND, I'm sure you always treat your mom very well. I can tell that about you!
@DianneN thanks she has done alot for her kids. Grandkids and her whole family so anytime.I can do something special for her I do.
@thelme55 (14574)
Have a wonderful Mother's Day anyway. My hubby and I were invited to have lunch with our son, in his home. He cooked for us and it was a wonderful afternoon together. I loved it. Who need flowers and luxurious things when we could share our time with our adult child? That is the best gift we could have.
I see you are back home. That is a lovely way to celebrate a special day. I feel the same as you, but my sons take after their father. They will treat their wives just as well.
@thelme55 (14574)
@DianneN you as parents have brought your children well. I am glad that your sons are like their father, taking care of their women well. That is a blessing.
@thelme55 Thank you. I'm so proud that they learned so much from my husband.
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
I celebrate Mother's day everyday. Why wait for this day only to buy a gift. I love my mum everyday not just on mother's day
That's my point! I've always been surrounded by love, gifts from the heart, and all that. Your mom is a very lucky woman, just as I am.
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
@DianneN you are lucky too
@Nawsheen Thank you. I know it!
I guess some just needed a day to celebrate. When we went the nursing home to visit our mother they had a special celebration for them. Sadly, some only get visits from their loved ones on holidays.
I think that is very sad, even though we are all busy. It only takes a few minutes to make our loved ones happy.
@DianneN I agree. Take a couple of hours and put a smile on someone's face.