Funny Grocery Story....

Ponce De Leon, Florida
I meant to post this yesterday, but I guess in the midst of frustration with how the internet was working I forgot to. Anyway.... Yesterday when at Winn Dixie when checking out after loading the card with groceries I started bagging them, some days there is a bagger there to do it, others there is not. I don't mind doing it, but some of the baggers are much quicker than I could ever dream of being hehe. Anyway, I got probably about six bags done before a bagger came up and finished bagging our groceries. I guess the guy who checked out in front of me left behind a bag of his groceries, because when I got home and unloaded everything I found a bag of grocieries that I KNEW I hadn't bought, I even checked my reciept to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind or becoming very very forgretfull. Anyway, sure enough I was right- it wasn't part of my groceries. Inside the bag of grocereis was 2 qts of Sour Cream, a bottle of Mojo marinade, two jars of pasta sauce and a pound of deli salami. I feel bad for the guy who bought and paid for this bag and forgot it, but I live eighteen miles from town, and then it's another 6-7 to the store, so it wasn't feasible for me to drive back in to town. Not that that would really accomplish anything anyway. But it was just kind of funny that I got a "bonus" bag of grocereies. Another funny thing about finding the bonus bag of groceries is that I had purchased two qts of Sour Cream as well, because they were buy one get one, so we ended up with 4 qts of sour cream. Looks like I will be looking for recipes that call for sour cream. Has anything like this every happeend to you?
No but yeah I bet that guy was pretty unhappy. Hope he got his money back.
Around here if you call the store and tell them what is missing they will replace it for free, because this does happen from time to time.
You should have called the store and left your address. The buyer might not mind picking it up from you. Since it's a day later you ould do it today and at least see because it could be a different feeling had that been baby formula and of course your missing bag instead of the other persons. It's worth at least that
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
He probably has gotten his money back.
@kellyr634 (423)
Poor guy! He got home and was missing items he paid for.
I would have called the store and paid for the items the next time I went back. Hope he got his money back or got the groceries replaced.
@shivamani10 (11232)
• Hyderabad, India
He must have suffered a lot. He must have returned the bag in stores obtaining a receipt.
No, but I used to work residential care for the adult disabled and they shop in a group. I got the vehicle for my group and there were extra groceries that did not belong to any of our clients. It just got put in. I can see how it can happen when there are lots of groceries being purchased at the same time.
@prashu228 (25811)
Grocery shopping is never funny for me, never experienced this
Thats never happened to me/us. I know it was by mistake but helps you out. And i would just pay it forward by buying a coffee for someone in the next few days or something.
@mandala100 (43676)
This funny and it's your lucky day I guess.