"Look outside at the car."

That is the request that I was greeted with upon walking into the kitchen earlier this afternoon. I was only there to replenish my gingerale (cranberry) and then go back to my book. I obliged the request, however, and slipped on a pair of worn out thong sandals that I can't bear to part with yet. They still do the job, and until they no longer do, they'll be kept as my favorite "pop out for a bit." footwear of choice. I digress... I walked out the door, down the four steps off the porch and down the walkway leading to the driveway. Halfway down the walkway, I stopped. I peered over to the car in question but couldn't see the damage quite well from where I stood. I walked a few feet more, past our own car parked in the driveway and peered out towards the road once more. Sure enough, there was something wrong with the black four door sedan that was parked on the curbside near the neighbor's driveway. For one, the car could use a paint job. It looked as if it was nearly down to the primer color. There were some spots of silver that peeked through on parts of the car. Secondly, the hood was missing. That wasn't the thing that drew my eye the most, though. The windshield was nearly shattered to pieces. No other damage could be seen on the car, and so I surmised that someone took a baseball bat to it. I gave my own thoughts to the matter, upon returning to the house. "It definitely doesn't look like a wreck... but if it was done deliberately, i don't see why they didn't smash the headlights as well." The one who asked me to go check the car out, shrugged. "I don't know but there was a car that circled while I was out getting the mail. It stopped near the car for a moment before driving on. I should've gotten the license plate." "I doubt they were the culprits." I remarked. "and as for the hood, this isn't the first time we've seen the neighbors without a hood on their car." "True enough." was the reply given to me. Well, atleast the car isn't ours...
That's so strange If it happens frequently or before I'd be suspicious and on the look out?
I don't think it happened here... There was no glass or anything to suggest that it did happen here... I also didn't hear any noises that would suggest someone was damaging a car. It doesn't hurt to be on the look out either way though.
@ScribbledAdNauseum someone drove it there? =O
@infatuatedbby Not necessarily. I think one of the occupants has a boyfriend who drives for a wrecker service... Chances are he parked it there for them.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Baseball bat? It would seem someone does not particularly care for them.
It would seem that way... I honestly am not sure who all lives in that house now, or whom that car belongs to...
• Pleasant Hill, California
@ScribbledAdNauseum I sense that my new downstairs neighbor is angry, and just broke up with someone. But I don't think he's dangerous. Heh.
@TheHorse Well I'd certainly hope not... but then, I wouldn't think he was dangerous either...
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
That still sucks. Vandals are the worst.
The car wasn't out there today... I guess they had someone come out to repair the glass...
Bizarre. Maybe they've bought it to do it up.
I certainly hope not. I do think I've seen them drive this car before, just not in this condition... They are forever fixing their cars... They aren't very good at it, it would seem.
If it happened in front of your home I suspect you would have heard the noise, this is weird.
Yes, I am sure I would have. My bedroom is closest to the actual car, and their lot echoes up to ours... So it would not have gone unheard.
@shivamani10 (9083)
• Hyderabad, India
How did they benefit by breaking the windshield of the car? Is it not funny?
I don't know any of the details... we are no longer close (in friendliness) to the neighbors to go over and ask the questions about the car... I would think it was deliberately done, and no, I wouldn't think it was funny in the least.