What are You Wearing?

I'm not a complainer, nor a whiner. I don't complain about my health, nor to I complain about food or even the weather. Perhaps I'm just thankful for what I have and take each day as it comes. I'm sitting here in my shorts, a tee shirt, and flip flops. I just returned from an invigorating five mile walk with my friends and plan on planting annuals in my rock garden. It may be hot here today, but you won't hear any complaints from me. Photo is of Doodles watching a robin. That silly robin was flinging itself against our old family room window for twenty minutes. I wonder if it was mating or admiring Doodles's tuxedo. So what are you wearing today?
It looks a beautiful day there. I am wearing trackies and a ribbed jumper affair plus a jerkin. It is quite cold tonight.
It has been a beautiful spring for us. I forgot that it's your autumn and evening for you. Stay warm and cozy!
@valmnz (12625)
• New Zealand
@JudyEv it's definitely cooler here in NZ this week than last week!
@hmehra18 (215)
I am wearing a tee and shorts, it is very hot over here
I'm happy for warmer weather so I'll be wearing lighter weight clothes and bare feet. Haven't dug out the shorts yet but definitely short sleeves.
Yay! You're my type of girl! Since our FL winters, I have rarely had to touch any winter clothing.
@DianneN do you even own any winter clothes?
@Marilynda1225 Lol! I do, but am giving them away to my daughter in law and son's fiancée. The rest to consignment shops and Goodwill. I have so many fur coats, that of course the girls refuse to have, that I am giving those that fit to my sis in law. I wear a mink coat to walk Doodles!!!!
Yesterday got into the 80's and I wore shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Today is supposed to be in the 80's. Yesterday I was cold in my first floor apartment, so today I'm in sweater and regular slacks.
It was similar here, too. I peeled layers off as the day wore on. At least it was cool enough last night to sleep without the a/c.
@DianneN That's a good thing. I started out without the ceiling fan, but ended up with it on.
@cacay1 (32078)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him good for you have a very nice climate, ours here no rain for many days now. We suffer the extremely hot weather.
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
I have always preferred summer to winter because in summer I do not have to put layers of clothes on me I am enjoying today's warm weather but I am formally dressed right now as I am at work. Normally it will be a light dress for me or my pants and a top.
Oh, good! I am a warm weather lover, too! I just don't care for the high humidity we get here in the middle of the summer. That's where a/c in the house, cars, and stores come in handy. I'm sure you dress beautifully for work. I always did, too.
@Fleura (5878)
Me too - in summer getting dressed is so quick and easy, just pants/knickers and a dress! In winter I have at least 5 layers top and bottom.
@Fleura Definitely!
@Fleura (5878)
I'm wearing my favourite trousers. I've had them for many years and they're almost worn out, I've had to replace the button fly with elastic as the button-holes wore right out, but even so two people complimented me on them when I went out this morning!
Those look fantastic! I can see how people would compliment you! Colorful and flowered everything is so popular right now. Nice figure, too!
@Fleura (5878)
@DianneN Oh thank you! All this is making me feel a bit more cheerful after the flower-strimming incident.
@Fleura You're welcome!
• Eugene, Oregon
The robin sees his reflection in the window and fears competition so he attacks it. Jeans and a t-shirt is my usual retirement uniform unless it is considerably warmer than today's 60 degrees, then it is shorts.
Thank you for that explanation! I appreciate it. Ahh, nothing can be better than a retirement uniform!
@cacay1 (32078)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@JamesHxstatic , The cat wants to eat the robin hehehehe.
@bluesa (11975)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Sounds like a great beginning to what is going to be a beautiful day, Dianne, enjoy every second of it! I think it was Doodles tuxedo @DianneN
Lol! That Doodles is just so darn sophisticated in his tux! It is too gorgeous, so I'm going to have a cup of coffee and plant my flowers. Enjoy your evening and take good care of yourself. xoxoxox and
@bluesa (11975)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN thank you dear Dianne! I hope you enjoyed your coffee and gardening. Take care too xoxox
@bluesa Doodles stayed in the shade and watched me drip planting those flowers in the hot sun. I still have another tray, but it will have to wait until it gets cooler and I have time. xoxox and
Silly Robin! He may knock himself out if he doesn't stop that window activity. Let's see. Black T-shirt, khaki shorts, and khaki boat shoes. Not going boating, but the boat shoes look cool, to me.
That robin was insane, the poor thing. Doodles was happy for the entertainment, however. Love your outfit! I love boat shoes, too, even on dry land.
@cacay1 (32078)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Corbin5 , hehehe Doodles might like to make friend with the bird to have a playmate,lols.
@cacay1 I think they could be good friends!
I'll be indoors keeping out of the non stop rain we have been having since Sunday. There are many unhappy tourists around here now - an angry sea and no sun.
That's a shame! I should be there right now. For some reason we bring good weather when we travel. Business should be good for you though!
@DianneN Reasonably good - it will be much better during the summer.
• Lakewood, Colorado
What a lovely place there that picture is lovely Dianne! A five mile walk is so invigorating. Give you more energy right? Yes enjoy your day. Strange the robin aye? I will put my trusty long shorts and cool t on..happy with that.
Thank you!I always feel good after a morning walk and sleep well at night. Previous years, we had other birds do the same thing to that same window. Very strange! Enjoy your day. It sounds nice and warm there, too.
I'll maybe complain if it's hot weather though :) But lately it's been cool and gloomy I'm in my pajamas still
That's a shocker living where you do in the land of the most perfect weather!!!!
@DianneN I know !! The weather has been gloomy for awhile now!
@infatuatedbby I hope it gets beautiful as usual and soon!
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
It felt so good to drive around with my car windows open this morning but by 11:00 they rolled up with my AC on. It's in the low 90's today so this is what I'm wearing.
@spaceseed (2925)
@UncleJoe you are missing a guitar..............you look like a musician
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@spaceseed Really? I thought I looked sober.
You sexy guy, you!!!!
Are you serious.I am not telling you.Oh!okay I am wearing nothing.
Ewwwwww!
@DianneN Okay.they are coming to take me away
@amadeo Calgon, take me away!
@JustBhem (20859)
• Davao, Philippines
I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt and my boxer. I feel comfortable wearing them if I'm at home.
I'm glad to told me you were home! I got scared for a moment.
I do complain about cold weather but I do not mention my health much. I will walk mile after mile after mile this week, pushing a mower since the rider is down. I have birds fly into the window and it scares the heck outta me. I will wear shorts old walking shoes and a tee today, then change to appropriate clothing for a doctor office waiting area.
I used to complain about cold weather, but never again, if I can help it. So sorry your riding mower is broken. I hope it's fixable and not too costly to repair. At least you will get some great exercise in. Gotta dress appropriately!
I'm not sure what I will wear today, something nice because we have Bible study this evening. =) I hope you enjoy your day!
I'm sure you will wear something nice and cool enough. Enjoy your day, too!
Doodles is cute with his paw on the window. I am wearing a white and pink dress with white ballerina shoes. It is pretty hot today.
You sound too pretty to stay home!
@DianneN It's more or less my usual home dressing code. I always wear ballerina shoes at home, because the house is on three levels, it's too dangerous to go up and down the stairs with open shoes.
@LadyDuck That's very wise. I know you fell once. I've fallen twice. I'm such a clutz!
@PainsOnSlate (19031)
Cut offs and a T shirt. It was a surprise and a delightful one to have a warm day yesterday. Today I'm a bit cold right now but won't be when I get down into my studio...
I'm sure you are counting the days to Camp Insanity!!!!!
@DianneN yes I am and because of my age I am wondering if I need to hire some youngsters to help us out this summer. I'm having Cataract surgery starting this coming week...fingers crossed all is well and it won't slow me down....
@PainsOnSlate Oh, my! I didn't realize it was this week. Best of luck. I heard they are very successful, so try not to worry. As far as your age goes, I'm sure you will be just fine. Your adrenaline should pump you up for camping. If not, then you can hire the youngsters.
I actually read your post earlier, but I didn't respond because I was still wearing my jammies . But now, I'm wearing these light khaki capri pants with a white long sleeved top with pinkish flowers and green leaves all over. I was also thinking that I might be wearing your color scheme for your window treatments (the sage and deep salmonish colors??) . We are having on and off type of week with the weather - kinda gray, kinda sunny - we don't know to dress right now!!
!!!!!! As I read this, I immediately thought that I can hang you up, although no salmon, just a deep pinky rose. Lol! I love your outfit, and am sure it's difficult to know how to dress. I'm only concerned if it's too cold or too humid. It's hot here, sunny, and beautiful. Come visit!
@DianneN Hang me up . . . my shirt is definitely that pinky rose! I might even go with that ballet painting you have ! Oh, I'd love to visit you if I could!!!!
@much2say OK. I'm hanging you up, even though there is too much blue in that painting. The pink tutu pops, but it's staying. Who knows? You may have a sudden trip in the East, perhaps to look a colleges or visit NYC some day. There are plenty of rooms here for your entire family, kids and all.
I wish I could wear shorts and sandals to work. The company doesn't feel we should. Yesterday I roasted at my last client's home. Couldn't wait to get home and change. Love the view from your window!
You have to dress professionally. One would hope the client would have a/c! Yesterday was very hot. Thank you. The view only looks good when the rhododendron is in bloom.
@DianneN I do wear capris and a short sleeved shirt. I refuse to wear scrubs. They make me feel like I am wearing pajamas. LOL.
@ElusiveButterfly Sounds easy and comfortable. Scrubs are cute, but I've never worn them unless I'm doing brain surgery.