Plumlicious

plumlicious, plum blossoms, image @Freelanzer
The plum trees are blooming and the flowers are so fragrant and beautiful. This is one of the plum trees in my yard and it is so good to see the blossoms out and smell the fragrance. Hopefully there will be a lot of plums this year. For now I will just enjoy its beauty and fragrance. Do you have fruit trees?
• Otis Orchards, Washington
When I was growing up we had a plum tree on the farm. One year it produced an over abundance of plums. We canned a lot of them and ate so many we didn't want anymore. So they made plum pie to try to get us to eat them. I think that was the only time we were allowed to eat all the pie we wanted to. But that got old, too. We gave plenty away. We did not have any visitors for a long time because they didn't want to take home anymore plums. (Ok, I don't remember if the part about the visitors is true but we had plums coming out of our ears.)
Cool! I am just hoping for enough plums to eat and make a few jars of jam
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@Freelanzer I think we made a few hundred jars of jam that year, too.
@RichardMeister You could have made some extra money selling at a farmer's market
@moffittjc (46204)
• Gainesville, Florida
Here in Florida citrus rules the fruit tree kingdom. I have oranges, grapefruit, lemon and lime trees growing in my yard. Oh, and an avocado tree, although that is not in the citrus family.
I would trade my plums any day for your citrus and yes avocados, unfortunately I can't grow them here
@moffittjc (46204)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Freelanzer It's okay, we can't grow plums or apples here, so I would gladly make a trade with you for some plums!
No i do not
I guess it would all depend where you live.
@Freelanzer or planting them, which i cant do here.
Fruit trees have lovely blossoms. There are also the 'flowering' varieties that don't have high quality fruit. This is my Mum's flowering quince.
Beautiful!
No, no fruit trees here. Hope that you totally enjoy the fragrance right now!
Will be sad to see the blossoms go but still have the fruits to look forward to
No fruit trees but lilac and lily of the valley.They both smell so good. Just wish they lasted longer.
Love lilac but for some reason I have trouble growing it here - they grow but don't bloom.
@Freelanzer ......Probably too cold.
@Nawsheen (22953)
• Mauritius
Yes. We have a guava tree in our yard. Those flowers are really nice. When will the plums be ready?
Not until mid summer so still a long wait. I love guava but can't grow it here.
@Nawsheen (22953)
• Mauritius
@Freelanzer well enjoy the fragrance till then As for where I live only bananas and guavas grow well
How beautiful the flowers are! Here plum trees blossom in early spring,which is herald of spring ,so to speak.
If the plum trees have blooms, it means you can have plum fruits soon. We do have fruit trees in the province and not in my city right now.