One precious little word

@sallypup (21757)
Moses Lake, Washington
Must say that word when we get to Charleston next Tuesday. If we do not say that word when we attempt to book into our hotel room, well, we are on the street. The word is "and". You heard right. Somehow or other the word "and"got stuck and glued into our names for the hotel reservation. I called the hotel and told them first name, last name, confirmation number. Nada. No. We do not have a place for you. Oh holy batman!! I called the folks I booked the hotel through and finally got the news: say the word "and". I called the hotel folks back cause we must have a sure place to stay- its clear across the United States- sidewalks are not nice to sleep on. They said they would be able to book us in- if we tell them "and." I am not getting this but I will play the game.
I would not be happy with that situation. Why are you heading east?
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill Cause we've never been to Charleston. We thought we'd go see something new and to get away- and oh do we need to have a get away. A week of not having water has driven us a bit batty. Sure glad to have that over with and I'm praying the pump holds and delivers water for many years.
@sallypup that s long way from. Coast to coast!! South Carolina is our favorite place!
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill Please tell me the inside goods on Charleston. I want to go on the Magnolia Plantation cause it has romantic gardens as well as swamps and tour through a rice paddy plus the wow house. Our motel will be in the historic district so we can walk many places and not get into too many cabs. I refuse to drive a car in an unfamilar city.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
That seems a bit odd. Maybe when they took your reservations someone thought you said part of your name was "and."
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RichardMeister Yes. Its hard to tell folks over the phone what you need- and the folks on the other end of the line speaking with a heavy accent. So it was supposed to be only one first name on the reservation. I probably said my name and my hubbys and somehow the and got tagged onto his name. At least I know we have a place to sleep once we finally get there.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@sallypup Doesn't that just drive you nuts when someone speaks with a heavy accent and you can't tell what they are saying–especially over the telephone?
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RichardMeister Heavy accent and speaking 90 miles an hour cause they've been saying the same stuff all day every day. I have to tell them I do not know what you just said.
It's probably because they put it in the computer a certain way and so you have to say it that way for them to bring it up correctly.
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Machines rule the world!
@sallypup ......Yes, they do.They do a lot for us but, we have to help them along at times.
• Eugene, Oregon
Strange. It must be something that is in their computer system. Did you get an email confirmation on the the booking the room?
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic On my phone and computer. I called the motel to just be totally sure.
• Eugene, Oregon
@sallypup A very good idea in this instance.
What? Why in the world would you have to play any sort of game to keep a hotel reservation? That is so nuts! Maybe if you mention "also" they will give you free room service .
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@much2say Good question about also. I am glad that I at least confirmed that they had heard of me. Finally they did, anyway.
Oh holy robin, that's gotta be really stupid how the hell did they get a name with 'and' in it ? 'holy batman' holy robin .... what's next, holy batgirl?
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann You would be great to have along. I wish I could pack you in my suitcase so that you could help me when I get bored in the airports.
Boy would we get in trouble @sallypup
most often they reserve room for people that way. most of my family work in hotels in florida. if you went through a third party they all got pad so you get a room. password protected.
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sharon6345 Interesting. I can't imagine working in a Florida motel. Must keep your family busy.
I hope you really are booked at that hotel.
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Me, too: @jstory07 We will be getting there in the morning after a horrid long bit of airplanes and airports. I will not be in the mood to sit on the sidewalk.
• Marion, Kansas
It is good to know the magic word well in advance.
@responsiveme (14417)
Strange, hope the booking does get done
That sounds very strange but if 'and' is going to get you a room, go for it!
@alberello75 (13510)
• Genova, Italy
Than "and" it could be for them, a coded message
How very strange did it work?