My Walmart Package Got Soaked in the Rain!

I wish I would have taken a picture of it. The cardboard was destroyed and there wad water all over my items since it torrentially rained last night. Dang. Of course it happened to be my paper products order - toilet paper, tampons, all those fun things you dont really want water on. A few of my toilet paper rolls were destroyed. A few others I laid out on a towel and am trying to dry. Lol. Also my oatmeal I ordered got a little wet - hope it doesnt start to congeal. This literally has never happened to me even with all the online orders I do. Ha ha. Has this ever happened to you?
Nope. Our mailman wont leave boxes if its raining and we dont answer the door.
Thats kind of nice. I am literally nevet home when the mail comes. Do they deliver it the next day then? Or brjng it back to the post office?
@maezee they bring it back later that day. Csuse they come a few times a day
@minx267 (11174)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Nope. Isn't the toilet paper in a plastic bag?
It is. Somehow it got penetrated by rain and I lost about 4 rolls. Tried to dry them out but that didnt work so well.
@minx267 (11174)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@maezee that sucks
• Lakewood, Colorado
Wow there was not an inside location he could have left them.
Not really. It was sucha. Large box it wouldnt fit between the doors.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@maezee Oh dear sorry to hear that Maezee.
@TiarasOceanView thanks. Thats ok though, it could have been worse!!
@Blondie2222 (16869)
yes this happened to me before. We bought a box big enough to put all packages and boxes in and labeled it so now when they deliver stuff it goes in that. It helps prevent our stuff from getting wet and ruined. We had christmas items ruined this year that's why we decided to buy this.
Nice. Thats a great idea!
@JustBhem (17331)
• Davao, Philippines
Never happens to me. So what happen now? Is it still okay?
I just threw away 4 rolls of toilet paper and that seems to be it so far!
So sorry this happened to you. We have a front porch and the packages are protected from the elements when placed there.
Thats awesome. The last house I rented we had a three season porch but this new one Im at we dont. Figured it was just bad luck. Lol
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Take pictures of the damage and call the toll free Walmart number on the order slip. They should refund you or send new items.
Is that right?! Soneone else mentioned that they should package their things better but I dont know of it was their fault -we had a LOT of rain!
Oh my gosh I'm sorry! That's awful. No it hasn't happened to me and I'm really sorry it did to you. =( I hope some of your items can be saved and still used.
Thanks! Most of its fine so I got lucky.
Feel sad for you. Something of this sort has never happened with me. All my packages are handed over to me directly or placed in the security room if I am not available.