Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 251 Proverbs 22:29 Proverbs 22:29 See thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. What makes a person great? Is it the family he’s born into? Is it being in the right place at the right time? Or is it something more? Is it perhaps doing the best you can in the work you do? Solomon said that a diligent man would stand before kings. So, then it’s more than being in the right place at the right time. It’s more than the family you were born into. The passion you have for your work will show through and people will notice you. As Christians, your work needs to go beyond just getting it done. You need to do the very best you can so it brings glory to God. Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. (KJV) 1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God gives: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion forever and ever. Amen. When you give your all in everything you do, God will be glorified and he will bless you. God will see to it your work is noticed not by ordinary men who can do nothing for you, but by those who have the means to make the most of the work you do. Billy Graham started out preaching in tent meetings. God prospered the work he did, and soon he was preaching in crusades around the country, the world, and he was the pastor to presidents. When God highlights your abilities, it is no accident you are in the right place at the right time. God put you there. Nothing happens by accident. Nothing happens by coincidence. When you give God the glory for the talent he gave you, he will promote you. God will even boast about you to Satan, putting your gifts and talents in his face because you glorify God. Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that fears God, and eschews evil? What would your life be like if God boasted about you? Is it time you gave your all to the work God called you to do? It doesn’t matter whether that work is being a janitor or president of a Fortune 500 company. If God is in the work, he will boast about you and people will notice. Let’s pray: Father, help me do the work you called me to do for your glory, not mine. Help me do my very best so you will be glorified. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 18 May 2017 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@Nawsheen (22927)
• Mauritius
That's true god can see that you are struggling and will never let you know. He always wants the best for us. If something is not working right now maybe it is because he wants our work be be recognised by the best person
God does see everything we do.
@just4him That is something to think about.
@MsBooklover Yes it is.
@MsBooklover (3731)
I really needed to read this. I am so exhausted from my job. I feel like I have a new reason.
I'm so glad you benefited from the study. To God be the glory!
@just4him Thank you. When I want to be a part of a devotion that teaches me something important, I know where to go.
@MsBooklover Thank you for the terrific compliment. I couldn't do these devotions without the Holy Spirit.
@BettyB (4222)
• Summerville, South Carolina
We glorify God by doing the best we can. He will never give us a job beyond our abilities, at least if its a job he wants us to do.
So true.
Amen my friend.
I'm glad you enjoyed the study.
@prashu228 (25805)
God See's us ,what are we doing and how are we utilizing the knowledge given by him.
Yes he does.
There was a guard at a Burger King restaurant in my city who received a lot of praise for his helpful ways. He made the customers smile and even helped clear the tables. Because of his attitude to his work, he was interviewed for the newspaper and later received a position in a very prestigious firm.
That's wonderful.
@Shwetasingh (1361)
Oh that's true. He is there every time.
Yes, he is.