What's The Best Concert You've Been To?

@suziecat7 (3055)
Asheville, North Carolina
Though it's been awhile, I've been to many concerts both rock and roll and classical. One delightful experience was attending the outdoor concerts of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra when I was up there. It was other worldly in so many ways. I also have been lucky enough to see several great jazz artists when I was in San Francisco many years ago - people like Bill Withers, Leon Redbone, BB King and Ray Charles. Of course being a rocker at heart, my favorite concerts were in that genre. The Rolling Stones, Santana and Aerosmith just thrilled me. But the most entertaining evening was watching Tina Turner perform. She was amazingly high energy, talented and she interacted with the crowd like no other. What's the best concert you have been to? Do share a video if you wish. Here's mine.
TINA's so hot and so cooool!!! So great song! Love this so much! One of my favorites. ?Back up members? Keyboards:CHUCK O'STEEN Guitar:JIM RALSTON Bass:BOB F...
The first Linda Ronstadt concert I attended back in the day.
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Yes, back in the day :)) Linda Ronstadt brings back many memories.
It has to be, out of the many, a concert I attended many years ago Knebworth in London. Pink Floyd and many other bands. Another one in the same place another year was Rolling Stones, Lynard Skynard and many others.
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Ohh - good concerts - sounds wonderful.
@suziecat7 The light show at the Pink omg Suzie!!!
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
@TiarasOceanView - I'll bet.
@FourWalls (6084)
Mac Wiseman and Doc Watson doing an impromptu performance and story-swapping session at MerleFest. Unplanned to the point that they didn't even have microphones, which was part of its exceptional uniqueness.
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Nothing like an impromptu event. Sounds great!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
I haven't been to that many concerts since I worked evenings most jobs when most of the artist came to Spokane. It wasn't really a concert but I saw George Carlin when he was here. I also saw Gordon Lightfoot. One day a radio station was giving away tickets to a Blue Oyster Cult concert. I was driving around but I wasn't planning on trying to run them down because I knew how hard it was to get one of the 20 tickets or so that they gave out at each stop. Then I saw the car from the radio station pull in at a store so I pulled in. Just as I stopped they announced where they were. I went in and there was already a line. A guy counted people in line and stopped right in front of me. He said, "The rest of you might as well leave because you're not going to get tickets." I looked behind me and no one else was leaving so I stayed. It turned out I and the person behind me got tickets. The guy who did the counting asked what had happened that we were able to get tickets. The guy giving out the ticket said a couple of people try to get more tickets when they already got ticket at another stop. So I got to go to the concert. (If I remember right the only way anyone got to go to the concert was by getting a ticket from the radio station.)
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
George Carlin must have been a hoot. You got lucky with those tickets - I hope you had a great time.
I saw Ray Charles perform at the House of Blues in Chicago. As a teen, I saw The Doors as a senior in high school, which was quite a rowdy event at the end.
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
I love Ray Charles. Living in Chicago makes the chance of catching a great concert easier. I would have loved the House of Blues.
@suziecat7 We live in a Chicago suburb which makes it so easy to get downtown. In college, we were always in the city. Wells Street was the place to go.
Probably Martina McBride.
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Another talented artist.
@suziecat7 yes shes great.
@WriterAI (2630)
• Bulgaria
Until now I still have no favorite concert. Every concert has its own charm for its audience.
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
This is true - every one is spectacular in its way.
@WriterAI (2630)
• Bulgaria
@suziecat7 Agree.
You've been to some great concerts. I saw Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong when they came to England when I was a teenager. Fabulous.
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Oh, lucky you. Two super stars.
@gilggg (330)
• Israel
I was yesterday at Arosmith concert, But best concert I was is Paul McCartney September 2008 in Israel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MLLFPe638w&list=RD7MLLFPe638w&index=4
??? ?????? ?????? Paul McCartney Live In Israel To Yosmusic
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Thanks for sharing this - I'm off to listen.
back in the fifties.Stan Kenton and June Christy.Jazz fest in Rhode Island.Those were the good old days for me. I did see Chris Botti the last
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Jazz festivals were always a blast.
My favorite that I have been to was Alabama.
@suziecat7 (3055)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Another great band.
@CRK109 (13550)
I agree with The Rolling Stones! They are still pretty amazing. Paul McCartney, too. I love when I know they are enjoying it as much as we are!
I have never been to a concert, they are too much expensive here in Europe.
George Strait hands down.
'Evita' incomparable
@1hopefulman (14530)
I guess, my best was seeing Frank Sinatra performing. Unforgettable!
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
Tool was the best concert I've been to. Then David Bowie and Earth, Wind & Fire.