I'm changing my myLot method!

Lately I have been feeling like myLot is more of a chore to tackle notifications rather than actually enjoying myself on myLot like I used to. I reflected back on why I am on myLot. I am on myLot for a place to vent, express my thoughts, and interact/communicate with others while learning a new thing or two. It is therapeutic for me! I am not on myLot to develop any sort of relationship, share my lifetime personal story, photos... unless I want to, and etc. nor am I here to take judgement from people who do not even know me besides vague details. I am canceling negativity in my life. Thank you for listening to my little rant. I will go back to enjoying myLot the way I was.
@zarlamain (23949)
Do what makes you happy! Don't let others get in the way of your happiness. You come on here to have fun, not to become stressed out, offended, and annoyed. I really like your posts! Keep on posting! And keep on ranting as you like. Have fun!
Thank you! I don't need more stress in my life nor do I need negativity either especially for people who don't even know me! When I'm fed up, that's it! No going back or comprising. I bundle everything and blow up, type of ordeal.
@zarlamain (23949)
@infatuatedbby Your welcome! Exactly! Why get stressed out and deal with negativity from strangers? I totally understand. And you even give people chances to be nicer, but they don't get the hint. Have fun! Good luck!
@zarlamain Yep yep! Not that it stresses me out but its rather bothersome.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Don't worry about what others say, it's called myLot not, makeotherpeoplehappyLot , or thereLot. :)
Ha-ha, yes I have been good canceling myself from some members and it's nice !
@Daljinder (19821)
Goody! Did I miss something? Anyhow, you are right. Let us keep myLot a place to come and have fun.
I don't think so, lol! Just my thoughts I wanted to share openly.
@Daljinder (19821)
@infatuatedbby okay good! In any case, these are nice thoughts. We dont come here to judge or be judged. We come here to relax...plain and simple!
@Daljinder Yes, I want to relax & have fun like I was before =) Now I will do that again!
• Denmark
Do what suits YOU and don't concentrate on what others think is appropriate.
Thank you! And, I certainty will.
• Denmark
@infatuatedbby If I took other people's evaluation of my character seriously, I'd become schizophrenic. I've been called: kind, helpful, friendly, direct, rude, looking down on members and have been blocked. I must be rather interesting, heehee.
@MALUSE I'm fed up. I can care less what people talk about me because they don't know me lol! I've been blocked also! I don't block, I'm good at just ignoring.
@sunrisefan (16624)
Was that a rant?
Sort of yes!
@sunrisefan (16624)
@sunrisefan A two minute rant thank you for reading lol
Nothing wrong with telling your life stories though. As you never know who you may help by talking about what you may have gone through.
Of course! There is nothing wrong with telling your life stories, but for me - that isn't something I often write about for personal preference. I do not like it when other members pressure to ask me about my personal life constantly. I'm open to reading others and can help them if I can or say what I think.
@infatuatedbby that is true. I guess they may try to get you too, just to know moee about you and how you became the person you are today.
@Courtlynn I don't mind general questions, however after a while it gets annoying. I don't mind if people want to share with us thats completely fine, some over share which is cool too. But I'm not one to share that much!
@KristenH (20356)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Good for you Michelle. Well said my friend.
Thank you!!
@KristenH (20356)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@infatuatedbby Always welcome.
@valmnz (13137)
• New Zealand
It's probably a good idea for us all to reflect on why we're here from time to time. Do whatever it takes for you to enjoy being here.
Yes, I was caught up with notifications and knocking them out but no - I want to read new discussions, I don't want to deal with continuous non-sense. So I am glad I stopped and reflected.
@valmnz (13137)
• New Zealand
@infatuatedbby you won't regret it
@valmnz Yes, I am much more happier now!
Enjoy mylot as you see fit.
Thank you! I will! Have a lovely day
@infatuatedbby Thanks and, good day
@TRBRocks420 Thank you I'm having family time soon!
I definitely wouldn't do this if I weren't having fun.
Yes, having fun is key!
I thought you shared quite a bit personal stuff.
Really? I don't think I do! They all seem to be quite vague though!
@dodo19 (28068)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Mylot is a good place to vent if you need to. I have. It's good place to vent and talk about things. A lot of people will listen.
Yes I like that aspect of myLot
@moffittjc (35628)
• Gainesville, Florida
Yay, I'm glad to have the happy Michelle back! I enjoy conversing with you on this site, so I hope you don't ever decide to leave. Your one of my favorites!
Thank you!! I am back back back to me me! I enjoy our conversations too, I won't be leaving but will cancel some others out! You're one of my favorites too!! Have a lovely weekend.
@moffittjc (35628)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby Aww, thank you Michelle! You have a great weekend too! Any big plans? I will be spending time with one of my cousins, who is in town for the weekend. It should be pretty fun for both of us, since I haven't seen her in a a while.
@moffittjc You are welcome! I know you're busy with your two jobs, family, loved ones so you only come on here sometimes but that's fine. I enjoy responding to our conversations! That sounds lovely. I'm not sure - everyday is a weekend for me so far I do want to go shopping but I prefer weekdays so I'll ask my mother on a weekday if she'd like to go! Probably more organizing! I'm trying to be more neat! Lol
Very well said, I have slowed down because lately it was more a chore than fun for me too. Now I read and comment only on those discussions I like, or where I know there are friends who like to interact.
Me too! It looks like some others experienced this also! I was annoyed, now I'm fed up and it's time to figure out why and now I know! So now back to how I was and will cycle out some discussions.
@infatuatedbby After a few months, everything becomes a routine and we are finally bored. We need to find a way to do things differently to feel encouraged to continue.
@LadyDuck Yes I agree And we can change too!
Yes we must enjoy mylot, yoy should block anyone whom is negative, i did not like that comment from someone on here made towards you i saw about you being old i thought how rude to say something like that..
That's one negativity that is getting repetitive and I'm fed up with that! After also speaking to you and another member - I also concluded I'm done with dealing with it. Like really? If you have nothing to say, don't say it at all. How is that relevant especially when they don't have an image currently? Judgmental much!
@infatuatedbby Yes some people are jerks just to be jerks i do not understand it at all
@chrissbergstrom Me neither lol
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, we have to do what makes us happy. Don't mind or just ignore negative people. Don't make them hinder you from Mylotting.
Yes, definitely! I just reflected and I wanted to share my thoughts out there.
@sjvg1976 (14526)
It's up to us if we make it a chore or make it a place to have fun.
Sometimes we're caught up to not realize. But now I stopped and reflected and want to be having fun again!
To each their own. I like to showcase my garden, my pets, my travel experience et al and I also like to listen to others on these and other subjects. All is well here at myLot as long as you enjoy.
Yes we are here to enjoy yourselves and that is where I'm going back to doing Happy myLotting too!
@marsha32 (6780)
I jump around so much here. I start with a notice in my email then end up seeing a post of interest in someone's profile they have commented on.....or a interesting post on the side of the page to check out.....or see a comment from someone I know I've not visited recently. Just kind of jumping around here at a very odd time of day for me as I just didn't feel like doing anything else while I wait for hubby to get out of bed.
Jumping around notifications is completely fine! I find myself doing that occasionally and I enjoy checking out the new discussions posted too!
@rosekiss (30153)
• Eugene, Oregon
Very well put. I couldn't have said it any better myself. I am here more for the friendship and learning from others, than for the money, although, it is a very nice bonus. The interactions we do with each other help us all to earn in the end, and it does add up over time. I never stress about whether i will make the payout each and every month, as I will get it eventually.
Yes - the money is a nice bonus while we have fun! And most importantly we are here to have fun! I love learning here also.
@rosekiss (30153)
• Eugene, Oregon
@infatuatedbby Oh yes, me too. That is what it is al about anyway, as it mens more than any money would anyway. Since i will not get rich here, I will take the fun over the money.
@rosekiss Haha yeah the amount earned doesn't even pay the Internet bill! More like I'm adding to the electric bill lol! But it is purely for fun!