~First Heart Break~

Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone. My oldest daughter had her first "heart break" yesterday. I know she's too young for boys. It was just a girl crush. She really liked a boy at church. They would smile at each other, they talk all the time, sit next to each other at church, etc... Well yesterday my baby girl found out he has a girlfriend at his school. =( She was crushed. She cried when we got home and talked to me about her feelings. I felt so bad for her. She told me today she's done with boys for a long time! (I know she's hurt but I was secretly very glad she said that part). At almost 12 she has a lot more heart breaks in her future. =(
Oh, poor sweetie. Crushes will come and go as you so well know. She will have her fair share of them and probably break a few hearts herself. She is a beauty.
@Elusivebutterfly Yeah I felt so bad but she had a good laugh when I told her stories about my crushes and relationships when I was younger-that helped her feel better. Thank you! =)
@LovingMyBabies Sharing your experiences with her does help her to realize that she is not the only one to ever suffer heartache. And, also for her to know that one day, the right one will come along.
@ElusiveButterfly Yes I was glad it helped her =)
Poor kid! Sad to see them go through this isn't it? You can share this time with her later in her life and you will both get a good laugh over it. Now not so much.
@celticeagle I know! She asked about my ex boyfriends so I told her, we laughed about my "love life" back in the day and that helped her feel a little better.
@LovingMyBabies ......That's good. All you can do is be there for her.
It never gets easier. I remember going through it with my daughter. I think I always ended up crying about it to because I felt so bad and there wasn't anything I could say or do to help her. There will be lots more of those times. It is hard as a parent to see our child hurting.
@Happy2beme I know. =( It was so sad seeing her so upset. I hate it! Yeah I teared up because I know how much she liked him.
@LovingMyBabies so sad. I hope she feels better soon.
@LeaPea2417 (11731)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Awe, I understand how she feels. I remember my first love and heartbreak when I was around that age.
@Leapea2417 Yeah I feel so bad for her. All I can do is listen and be her comfort.
Aw sad but yes she's better off with out them in most cases lol.
@TRBRocks420 It was so sad. My husband and I told her that she doesn't need a boy but of course that probably won't stick in her head for long.
@shebish (818)
• Egypt
It is so hard to see your daughter heartbroken ( been there got the T-shirt ) but so good that she is open about her feelings and wants to talk to you about them, she is a beautiful young girl and in a few years time she will have a line at your door
@shebish It's an awful feeling but she is very open with me about her feelings which I'm very grateful for. Thank you!
@shebish (818)
• Egypt
@LovingMyBabies You obviously have a close bond that will get her through any heartbreak.
@shebish Yes I do. =)
@dodo19 (25603)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It can be hard to be rejected like that. I'm sorry that she was crushed and it's not always easy to see your kids cry. Although I am sure that you were pretty happy. I know I'm not ready for my kids to have crushes or boyfriends/girlfriends.
@dodo19 Yes it can. It was hard to see her little heart break. =( I was just glad she said she's going to stop worrying so much about boys for now. She was very boy crazy at an early age which of course worries me.
@dodo19 (25603)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@LovingMyBabies It is good that she says that she won't worry to much about boys. She's got plenty of time to think about boys later on.
@dodo19 I completely agree.
@Tina30219 (20772)
• Onaway, Michigan
What a beautiful girl sorry to hear about her heart break. You are right she will have many more to get through and many more for you to help her through.
@Tina30219 Thank you. Yes she will but I hope it will be a while before she goes through it again.
@Tina30219 (20772)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Right hopefully it is not for a long time yet. She needs to have fun being a kid
@Tina30219 I agree!
@KristenH (17283)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Aww young love. Hope she feels better. I had a crush in junior high and high school--same boy. But he wanted to be friends with me and choose someone else.
@KristenH Thanks I think with time she will. It's just hard since she will still see him each week. I'm sorry your crush only wanted to be friends. =(
@KristenH (17283)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@LovingMyBabies Thanks Jennifer. Me too. I hope she will too. She's got you for support.
@KristenH (17283)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@LovingMyBabies Me too. Hope you're right. She's got you for support.
• Eugene, Oregon
I hope that none are too bad to get over quickly.
@JamesHxstatic Thank you, I am hoping for the same.
Yes, sadly that is probably true. I so envy people who are childhood sweethearts and never really break up. It must be so comforting.She;s a beautfiul little girl anyway, I am sure some day her prince will come!
@snowy22315 Yeah childhood sweethearts amaze me! My brother and his wife were together since they were 14 and 15 years old-so cute! Thank you. I know she will find her person some day. Plenty of time. =)
Poor kid.
@NJChicaa I know. =(
I had my first crush when I was 12, but I was the one to break. It must be hard for her, poor girl.
@Ladyduck Yeah it has been tough on her especially since she's liked him for more than 2 years now. =(
• Pleasant Hill, California
@LovingMyBabies I was heartbroken when Maryanne rejected by eraser in 5th grade and chose Chris's over mine. He was such a dork. My eraser even had one side for pencil and one for pen. And angled edges. It's still hard to talk about it.
@moffittjc (29224)
• Gainesville, Florida
My son only recently had his first heartbreak. He was pretty bummed about it for a few days, but he seems to be doing better now. Which probably means he has another girl lined up already.
@moffittjc Aw, poor boy. =( My daughter has liked this boy for over 2 years now so I think it's going to take her a little bit to get over this.
@moffittjc (29224)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LovingMyBabies Poor girl! I hope she gets over it soon. Nothing is fun about a heartbreak. I still remember my first heartbreak. It seemed like it took forever for me to get over it (although I'm sure it was only a week or two at most).
@prashu228 (16034)
Aww poor kid, this happens with all of us right , no problem she will be fine in few days..
@prashu228 I know. It was so sad seeing her so upset. She has liked him for over 2 years now. I don't think she will get over it that soon.
@prashu228 (16034)
@LovingMyBabies oho 2yrs , then she will be upset for long time, hope you help her to divert into other activities
@responsiveme (11923)
Glad she has you , yes all part of growing up
@responsiveme Thank you. Yes it is, the tough part.
@artemeis (4013)
I wonder if she could actually pick up a lesson about relationship where she is still too young and that friendship at this point of time is much more important than anything else. Like my eldest, when she said that she was done with boys - the next moment she was the center of attention. Fortunately we had a good talk where I told her that she's had to get her grades before anything can happen.
@artemeis Yeah she told me she is going to focus more on church, school and her friends for a while.
in china this is called puppy love
@MoyanZhizhe Yeah it's called that here too. =)
@cherigucchi (3867)
She is such a beautiful girl! Good thing that you are at her side and she opened up.
@cherigucchi Thank you so much! =) Yes I'm glad she loves talking to me about everything.
• Pleasant Hill, California
She's very cute! I assume she will break a few heats as well. I've had 11-year-olds tell me how they know when they have a boyfriend or girlfriend. The most common response is: "She texts me back when I text her." That's some powerful love right there.
@Thehorse Thank you I tell her beautiful she is all the time. My daughter says he's my crush but I want him to be my boyfriend, maybe one day. Lol. She also tells me she wants to find love like her dad and I have, that makes me happy. =)
• Pleasant Hill, California
@LovingMyBabies I think she will!