Is posting 10 discussions under 20 minutes spamming on mylot?

@shynu44 (4782)
someone accused me of spamming yesterday, on mylot and I wonder why posting 10 discussions in 20 minutes is actually spamming.
@topffer (33797)
• France
No, there is no limit on the number of discussions you can post daily, but it puts you at risk to dissuade many members to respond, and a discussion with no responder earns nothing here, as myLot is about interacting, and not starting discussions...
@shynu44 (4782)
thats true. Thanks
Not true. Somebody has to make a discussion so people could have the possibility to interact.
@shynu44 (4782)
@tasoartcraft . exactly, only few of those I follow here post discussions.
@pgntwo (21624)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@shynu44 stats
Your stats show you post more than you respond, which is not ideal. Aim for a ratio of 1 Discussion to about 15 Responses to about 150 comments, if you can. That is just my observation, not a hard or fast rule, BTW.
Unfortunately, when I first came here, I was accused of spamming right after I posted my first discussion only because the link I posted wasn't familiar to some members and they immediately wanted (or did) to report me! Also, not much later, I had a similar experience when I posted my first art post (about my artwork-painting) and that was just a day after my huge discussion about the thing I have previously described, when a woman searched (stalked) my artwork online just to see if I am "stealing somebody else's fame"... So, yes, it seems to me, unfortunately, that there is a lot of people here who just tend to criticize, accuse, judge, stalk for spammers, scammers, etc. which is I don't know why and find it toxic...
@shynu44 (4782)
that is so unfortunate. I guess they dont just want the progress of others here.
@shynu44 I think they have a problem with themselves...:) or this is just that kind of a community, which in some way I can understand..:/
@Fleurnight that seems to be the smartest thing to do!... Glad you get the point (finally someone!!! ;D...). Only, I was so sensitive, and still kind of am, after that first time when I got so frustrated, so I couldn't stop reacting to similar things...
• New Delhi, India
I don't know that but I feel that it is better to interact with others rather than post discussions
@shynu44 (4782)
I do both. I know its easier to make mor money responding to discussions
• New Delhi, India
@shynu44 that is good
@waflay (2717)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I saw it coming ... I don't call it spamming, but I would find another word that might be suitable for your actions. What about, 'Super Tiny Blogging'? Well, spamming is about repeating same story over and over again... but yours was about different discussions popping up in very small intervals. I guess you're not a spammer but a 'Super Tiny Blogger'. How about that?
@shynu44 (4782)
lol, well i dont repeat discussions.
I agree. Some people just have a lot to say sometimes and that's ok :)
@shynu44 (4782)
@tasoartcraft , they just want everyone to respond to discussions only.
@Jackalyn (6657)
• Oxford, England
It is. Why would people want to interact with you if you are more concerned with posting than interacting?
@shynu44 (4782)
of course i respond to other posts even before i start posting. it seems few people post new discussions here.
Maybe he has a lot to say :p
@Jackalyn (6657)
• Oxford, England
@Fleurnight it actually sends a very clear message they are less interested interacting and shows a total disregard for others.
@GoAskAlice (4302)
While not technically against the rules, it can be considered impolite. And, as others have already pointed out, can be detrimental to gaining a following and thus, impacting your earning potential.
@Tina30219 (33619)
• Onaway, Michigan
I don't think so but as most that have been here for a long time will tell you posting them like that is not good it will get them passed by because people don't like to see so many post right away like that
@AkoPinay (11712)
I don't call it spamming. I call it IMPRACTICAL. LOL What can you get from posting new discussions if no one would like and respond to it?
@sjvg1976 (18380)
No it's not spamming. But as this is a discussion site so it's better to interact on you first post to the fullest then start the second one.
@shynu44 (4782)
ohk
• Austin, Texas
I think people are way too liberal in their use of the word "spamming". MyLot is a fun place. Enjoy yourself. Uumm ... this is just an observation. I used to write at another site. If I posted too much at any given time, the site's system would generate an automated message telling me that. So I'm thinking if nothing popped up on your screen, the folks who run this site probably don't have that kind of a rule. Otherwise they would be enforcing the rule themselves. Just sayin'.