I'm going to disappear from myLot for a bit...

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
...and from work, and from the house. It might be today, or tomorrow...even Monday...but my health is bad enough that I am going to be hospitalized. The doctor I saw at the emergency room yesterday wanted to admit me then, but he and I had already argued over his incompetence (he was the doctor on duty the day I had my stroke back in 2015...he said then he 'couldn't find anything wrong' and yesterday still insisted I had the stroke the day after he saw me) and I just wanted to get out of there. Blood tests he had ordered yesterday showed that my kidneys are malfunctioning, and I am going into renal failure. And I probably should have let them admit me yesterday, but when you are a doctor, and show your incompetence, and refuse to admit to your mistake, I really don't want anything more to do with you. You know how I have said before I am the same person, and act the same way, in real life as I do here? My Dad and his significant other had front-row seats to me administering a severe tongue-lashing, which only became worse when two aides and an intern came in the room and the intern stuck his nose in...and I told him to get the (expletive deleted) out right now. Yes, I was mad. And that was it, I was determined to get out of there and back home so I could lay down without being surrounded by a bunch of dolts. Which, about 30 minutes later, over the protests of my Dad, one of my sisters, and the doctor, I signed a paper stating I was leaving against physician's advice, came home, and called my regular doctor and made an appointment for today with them. Which is 8 hours from now, after which I either will or won't be back here for a few days. Meanwhile, I still feel like crap and need to go lay down for a bit. Later.
I would have not stayed either. An incompetent doctor will always be, mainly because they do not care about the patients and they think they know everything. Rest today, do not stress and ask for help as soon as you feel you get dizzy. Take care JJ, my best wishes.
• Olney, Illinois
I laid it out for him...I'm at work, I'm dizzy, I wind up on the floor for 15 minutes until I call the ambulance finally, I get sick all over on the ride to the hospital, I can't walk at all and have to be helped to get inside...but you're telling me I wasn't suffering the effects of a stroke because you misread the CAT scan?
@JolietJake Stupid doctor! Those who only look at the machines are not good doctors, forget about that idiot.
• Marion, Kansas
Prayers for you Michael, and please find a competent doctor and take care of what you are told.
@fishtiger58 (27169)
• Momence, Illinois
That doesn't sound good at all JJ. I hope your regular doc can figure it all out, but it does sound like you should be in the hospital.
• Olney, Illinois
I intend to be...but that sanctimonious prick yesterday...I had to leave or it was going to get ugly
@fishtiger58 (27169)
• Momence, Illinois
@JolietJake I can understand that for sure, but take care see the doc and get better.
• Olney, Illinois
@fishtiger58 I haven't been that fired up angry at someone for years...
I hope and pray you will be ok. Take care and do what is best for you. Do you have someone to take care of Scar. Stay safe and take care of yourself.
• Olney, Illinois
Yes, my Dad will watch Scar
I am so sorry. =( I will be praying for your health, I hope you can get back here soon and that everything will be okay with you.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sorry to hear your health is bad JJ. I know what you mean about idiots. When my Mom was in the hospital, I tore into them loud and clear and in the end, they would not come into the room. I had to go get them. Have a rest there now and keep in touch here if and when you can. I am sorry to hear all this truly.
Take care. I hope you can be admitted to a different hospital.
Been there done that, 6 months ago! I hope all goes well, those are serious issues for us diabetics.
• Olney, Illinois
It's actually a bit scary, no appetite, blood in my stool, can't urinate...and this not being able to stand for a minute without getting dizzy and feeling I am gonna fall down...it's like I am looking forward to being hospitalized as weird of a statement as that is...
@LoriAMoore (11590)
@JolietJake As Shakespeare would say, "Get thyself to a hospital, go."
Take care of yourself. Scar needs you and you have a whole lot of people who care a great deal about you. I wish you all the best at the doctor's today and I hope that you will be back to your healthy self soon.
@Morleyhunt (14329)
Take care. I hope this can be solved quickly and that we soon see your discussions appearing again. Platespinner and I stood guard at our dying mothers bedside to keep a doctor away from her. We still talk about the woman we refer to as KBG Doctor.
@topffer (27631)
• France
Having a relation of trust with a doctor is essential, and I understand your attitude. Take care of yourself, I hope that you will not have to stay too long in this hospital.
@louievill (14719)
Get well, who will take care of scar while you are away?
• Olney, Illinois
My Dad comes by daily, he'll feed him and let him out on his lead for a bit each day.
@louievill (14719)
@JolietJake good to hear that, again I wish that all goes well and you would be back to join as soon.
I hope they can get things under control for you quickly. This is scary!
• Olney, Illinois
Yes, it is. And I ain't scared of much...
@sjvg1976 (12680)
That's absolutely right incompetent doctor may be a risk for your life. I remember similar thing happens with my father when he has severe pain in his left shoulder we took him to the hospital and the ecg was done and the shift doctor told it's okay after seeing the ecg whereas my father when showed the same repost to his routine doctor he asked him to immediately admit in a hospital as he had a very minor attack and then there he was operated.
Health comes first. The online world will be waiting. A break from from it can be good.
• New Delhi, India
Get well soon
@LoriAMoore (11590)
Yes, maybe they'll give you some nice "chill pills"so you won't have a heart attack or another stroke. Take care.
• Olney, Illinois
I'm not worried about that...I am worried about my kidneys not functioning.
@Daljinder (19207)
You did good. No point going to a doctor you don't trust. Hope you feel better! Best wishes!
@manikarnika (1930)
Yeah...Take care of your health...Welcome back soon.
All the best to you - who will look after Scar if you go into hospital?
• Olney, Illinois
My Dad and one of my sisters
@JolietJake Very relieved that you are well enough to come onto MyLot. I wish you a speedy recovery.