Can't Find This Particular Coleus Anywhere

coleus,
I am so dissapointed as I can not find this particular coleus plant anywhere this year. There are plenty of others but I do not like the look of them, just want the one photographed here, from last year. The nice weather has taken so long to come here that a lot of the annuals here in garden centers are overgrown in their little pots. I hate that. Warmer here now in the last few days.
And that i also my favorite coleus too, I will say I have not bought annuals in a very long time. I planted seed for Marigolds and they are coming up but they are in the veggie garden.
I've seen that plant and think it's lovely. I'm sorry you're not seeing it this year. I hope it shows up so you can put it in your garden. Maybe you can buy some seeds.
@just4him , Thanks, but I am not patient enough right now to wait for seeds to come up.
@marlina I hope you find it, then.
It is a lovely plant. Sorry there are not more of them for you there.
@TiarasOceanView, Maybe I will eventually find it.
My father had a ton of the in his yard years ago. Can you grow the fro seed?
I guess one could grow it from seed, but I am not patient enough for that.
@marlina I know what you mean, I am not plant patient either!
@AbbyGreenhill That makes 2 of us.
That is a nice one, I haven't really looked for any like that so, cannot say if they carry them in our area or not. I have to stop on my way home tonight after work to get a nice potato vine to do up a little planter that is waiting for me.
After work? I did not know that you were working yet.
@marlina Yes, I started a new job a couple of weeks ago. Its more hours then I wanted, but I am continuing to look for something with a few less hours.
• Midland, Michigan
Those coleus are nice, but I've not grown them for many years. I used to grow them as houseplants from year to year rather than planting them outside. Maybe if you see someone having one around town somewhere you can ask for a small cutting. They are easy to root and plant that way too. The next time you plant them, take one in the house in a pot for over the winter months and then you'd have the ones you prefer to begin your next spring with. You can even get more plants started as it gets closer to spring, but putting the tops you nip off into water first and then into small pots ready for outdoors.
@MarshaMusselman, thank you so much for this excellent advice. Now that you mentionned it, I remember my Mom getting some coleus cuttings from a neighbor when I was a kid.
@Mareena (305)
Oh...you hav a good gardening..
Thanks
What a shame your coleus seems to have gone missing. I love these plants.
@alberello75 (7134)
• Genova, Italy
That flower is wonderful! Pity that you can not find it yet
@ShifaLk (6181)
Wow that is really beautiful seriously but that is sad that you cannot find it anywhere ... maybe you can try to search it online near by your place maybe someone is selling
@sueznewz2 (7813)
• Alicante, Spain
they must be very popular... I hope you find one
I have planted that coleus plant in the photo many times. We have a Spanish-style home, and the former owner had the patio, concrete steps and walkways professionally stained the same color as the maroon in the plant. I have not planted any this year, but I do love that green and maroon colored plant.
This is also my favorite color. It has been cooler than usual here too and many plants are now overgrown in their pots.
@Freelanzer (4166)
I started coleus seeds indoors this year and it is a variety of coleus but have t wait until they are more mature to see what kinds I have. I have had the one in the photo last year.
That's a nice garden.
We have plenty of those here that I know of
@responsiveme (11069)
Oh dear if you mean the red one it is growing all over the place here... Wish I could send you some
@crossbones27 (10645)
• Redlands, California
More spiritual may or may not work. i always try and then a middle finger is involved.