How good you are deciding the ‘menu’ at home?

@Sreekala (18781)
Hello dear friends, I am having a difficult time for deciding the menu on daily basis. I think those who are doing the cooking job in kitchen can understand what I am talking and how it difficult to decide every day meals which should be nutritious as well as tasty and different from the other day. Once I leave the office and on my way to home I am thinking what to make on next day on breakfast, lunch and dinner. I do meet some friends in vegetable market and I find out that all of them are in the same boat? How about you? Can you decide and make different varieties of food every day at home.
@prashu228 (22646)
Haha same problem everywhere. It's the same brinjal, potato., Ladies finger, beans,dal,etc the same vegetables every week, eee sometimes I think I want some new vegetables..
@Sreekala (18781)
Exactly and I am tired off. I think I need a long break from kitchen
@prashu228 (22646)
@Sreekala every woman wants that, but that's not possible.. No ritrement from kitchen
@Sreekala (18781)
@prashu228 True. I threaten at times I am taking leave from kitchen
@responsiveme (14418)
These things are a part of our lives when you feed a full family...Once the children leave you will miss cooking.
@Sreekala (18781)
Yes it is a part and I am not telling I can't cook. But how to make a difference on everyday with cooking or meals? The same thing available in market every day.
@Sreekala we had lesser choices when we were kids...Now I see more variety of vegetables and other food stuff. You can check out cook shows
@Sreekala (18781)
@responsiveme Haha from shows, then it will be expensive for me
No one touches the kitchen department, My mom is in charge and doesn't allow me to do an experiment.lol I don't cook, my friend.
@Sreekala (18781)
You are lucky enough you only want to have your food. Thanks to your mom and I salute her.
@Sreekala I am so lucky to have her. I also salute your mom, too.
@Sreekala (18781)
@Shavkat You pleas salute me as I, myself a mom now.
@ShifaLk (7323)
My mum is always cooking vegetable so I don't need to worry lol
@Sreekala (18781)
Better learn the tricks from her.You are lucky enough.
@ShifaLk (7323)
@Sreekala heheeh yes... I need to learn
@Sreekala (18781)
@ShifaLk learning the cooking lesson will always help us in a great way. So listen my words and never miss any opportunity.
@deniale97 (184)
My aunt give me some of the indians spices. There are interesting.It was the first time when I tasted. And about the menu I usually cook what I wish, like soupes,fry,or rice, but what i like to do is to make cakes.
@Sreekala (18781)
I don't know how to make a cake. Honestly I don't try it ever. My children are insisting me to have a try.
@Sreekala my father teached me how to cooksince when I was10 years old
@Sreekala (18781)
@deniale97 Great to know that your father taught you the cooking lessons. What about your mother?
@CHENLH (251)
• Fuzhou, China
I hesitate to what should I eat every day,as the dishes our school is the same everyday. If you want to eat something varies from it ,you have to call takeaway, or cook it by yourselves,but the teacher would catch you.Cooking by yourself should take some risks.
@Sreekala (18781)
That means you have to be satisfied with what available in your school canteen?
@CHENLH (251)
• Fuzhou, China
@Sreekala Yes,I have been tired of it.
@Sreekala (18781)
@CHENLH When you can go to home and enjoy the homely food?
@25life (195)
ya i do the breakfast part.
@Sreekala (18781)
How quickly and easily you decide the breakfast of the every day.
@25life (195)
@Sreekala I maintain a definite pattern,so that everyday we get different kinds of food.And it helps cutting out boredom.
@Sreekala (18781)
@25life That is really wonderful. You are well organized with the menus of every day.
• Marion, Kansas
I think it is the same all over the world. We get tired of making the same thing.You are lucky to have fresh vegetables available, though.
@Sreekala (18781)
Yes, day by day we have to make something different, which create all the troubles.
@BettyB (4287)
• Summerville, South Carolina
We don't have a problem with breakfast and lunch, but deciding what to make for dinner is a daily ordeal. It's too easy to get stuck in a rut.
@Sreekala (18781)
I have problem with all Breakfast should be sent to children as well in school so I have to be careful about their likes then their friends.
@thelme55 (11873)
I can relate to you. I am glad though that I only have to cook once a day. Breakfast and supper are only bread sandwiches. Lunch is our heavy meal of the day.
@Sreekala (18781)
We have two heavy meals in lunch as well as dinner. Only breakfast there may be light food. Evening there won't be anything.
Yes it can be hard at times, I just see what I have in the pantry and cook it.
@Sreekala (18781)
Good. Usually I fetch vegetables on my way to home from office, so if I get ideas then I buy those on my way. Since I cross the vegetable market on my way it is easy for me to buy everyday basis.