NO LONGER SWEET SIXTEEN.

Pixabay image
Have you ever been rudely awakened to the fact that you are no longer sweet sixteen? That awakening may not necessarily come on your birthday - as a matter of fact - I never think of my birthdays. However, there may be a body part which decides to remind you that you won't be forever young. The following poem will tell you what is my problem area. A skin as smooth as satin, no wrinkles anywhere; Trying to guess my age? I know you wouldn't dare. However, there is a problem area - that with you I will share; The part of me which is beginning to show wear and tear. It will definitely blow my cover , if I fail to "nip it in the bud" So I am searching for a remedy, will try everything I could. I can see trouble coming, it is very hard to hide; Why couldn't it be lower down? maybe on my right or left side. A few lines are appearing, on a neck once smooth and firm; Not yet bad enough to really cause much alarm. But as time marches on - unfortunately so will they; Slowing their progress is important, I simply must find a way. A Kandase original. As much as I would like to retain a smooth neck - if all else fails, would I go to a plastic surgeon? Not sure,- I may simply resort to covering it with a scarf and grow old gracefully. So, do you have a problem area which reminds you of your age? - and would you ever visit a plastic surgeon?
@JustBhem (12992)
I was crying when the boyfriend greeted me and said, "you are too older that me". And I asked my friend, what if I grow old and the boyfriend will leave me and change for a much younger girl. This worries me much. Then he said, no matter how old are you, you are still sweet 16 for me. Age is just numbers you know.
It is just numbers - and he will grow old as well.
@JustBhem (12992)
@Kandae11 Haha. Indeed. Let us enjoy the moment we still live.
Great response and the new President of France has a wife 24 years older, he looks very much in love too. Worrying about age is a really big stressor.
• Lakewood, Colorado
The neck is one problem area for sure. I am fortunate so far and am not worried for it. Good genes? I am golden if I even have a neck lol
With my diet of 70% fruit and vegetables, I have retained my very smooth unblemished skin - the only problem is the few lines on the neck.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Kandae11 Yes I imagine you are quite young, but it is good to notice these early lines and start to work on them the best we can. I do little except hand movements sweeping in upward motion and that is all. No soap. And of course diet is extremely important.
@TiarasOceanView Yes diet is important - and I am neither old nor quite young,
I have been thinking about plastic surgeons since I was 18 and had my first baby I´m almost 72 now and I still think about it but wrinkles are so many now that I would need to win a lottery
We should always do what makes us feel better - as long as we are not harming another person.The choice is ours.
@Kandae11 True! My husband always thought I was the most beautiful woman in the world and said it. And when I became a widow, I accepted my wrinckes as I had to accept the pains in life. Besides, I have seen online many beautiful movie stars that had plastic surgery and got worse.
@Kandae11 It seems to me that plastic surgery works for people who have real problems. But age is something that we must accept.
@Nawsheen (22906)
• Mauritius
Aging is a natural process and we can't stay young forever. I think we should accept ourselves the wsy we are. I will never undergo plastic surgery
I may not be able to afford it anyway.
@Nawsheen (22906)
• Mauritius
@Kandae11 me too. And there are so many risks associated with plastic surgery. Makes me think of all.those who lost their pretty faces due to plastic surgery
@Nawsheen (22906)
• Mauritius
@Kandae11 that's so sad. accepting yourself as you are is the best thing that you can do for yourself
I wouldn't visit a plastic surgeon, I'm scared of going under, the knives etc. I'll take aging! :) You can accessorize aging like you mentioned a scarf!
I would probably go on a stricter diet - no sugar, more vegetables. Right now I am happy with the overall texture and appearance of my skin - except for those few lines creeping up on the neck.
@Kandae11 maybe some cream can work :)
@infatuatedbby I don't have much confidence in creams, but I can try - just wondering why my healthy eating is ignoring that part of me.
I think itbis better to enjoy the aging process than to undergo cosmetic surgery or any available enhancement through surgical procedures.
It would be best not to.
@Kandae11 I think we can have natural resources to stay young.
@Shavkat I think youth comes from within.
I would never visit a plastic surgeon. It seems to me to be inviting trouble. There is too much that could go wrong.
So much has gone wrong already. Many deaths have not been publicised.
@Kandae11 I can believe that. It seems to me to be tempting fate.
• New Delhi, India
No matter what I will never visit a plastic surgeon for age related changes
Our overall health should be of more concern really.
• New Delhi, India
@Kandae11 true.. Physical appearance does not matter a lot to me
• New Delhi, India
@HAPPSINGH today I have responded to lure than 50 notifications of yours
@Gillygirl (15159)
• Sutton, England
I'm not bothered and am growing old disgracefully.
Disgracefully.?
@Gillygirl (15159)
• Sutton, England
@Kandae11 Definit ely
@LeaPea2417 (12584)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I think about it a lot. But, lately I have been thinking that age is just a number.
it is just a number.
Agreed and the higher the number the more wisdom and knowledge.
@LeaPea2417 (12584)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@musicianu Yes, if I had just known when I was younger what I know now, lots of things may be different.
@spiderdust (1764)
• San Jose, California
It hit me pretty hard when my last child was born that I was no longer young... it wasn't just that I was 44, but I had a very hard time "bouncing back" from his birth. I felt so depleted and drained, and I still don't think I've fully recovered. I'm not sure that I will get back to where I was. I'm ok with my aging physical appearance for the most part. There's a lot more white and silver in my hair than there used to be. I see more wrinkles. Some places sag more than they used to a few years ago. But I *am* older, so it's ok to look older. It doesn't mean that I look ugly, just more my age.
For some of us it is a bit harder to bounce back after giving birth - so many different emotions follow the process. The important thing is to love ourselves and try to stay healthy.
• San Jose, California
@Kandae11 I agree, it's just so much harder to do that when you're recovering. My labor was two days, it took a lot out of me.
@spiderdust Two days! Wow!
I see nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery, if you have a great surgeon and are realistic.
Yes, the surgeon should be very good at his job. Quite a number of mishaps occur with plastic surgery.
@Kandae11 And there are more successes than mishaps.
@bluesa (9587)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh yes @Kandae11 , there are signs that I am no longer sixteen, for sure. But, I have decided that I will hide what I can with make-up and the rest with clothing....
I will try the cream idea suggested by @infatuatedbby - add even more fruits and vegetables to my diet- then if it continues to progress instead of regress, I will eventually resort to wearing a scarf on occasion.
@bluesa (9587)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Kandae11 , I hope the cream will help.
I hope so too!! @bluesa
@ShifaLk (7315)
I really miss my teenage
Can't return, but one can be a wonderful adult.
@ShifaLk (7315)
@Kandae11 oh yeah and we can make our present life beautiful and memorable too
@shaynas (5557)
I know my skin is changing, but somehow i love it :)
It is good to love yourself the way you are.
@shaynas (5557)
@Kandae11 There is no going back with your age. Its better to accept it :)
@garymarsh6 (11913)
I think should grow old gracefully or better still disgracefully! I would like to remind you of how bad plastic surgery can be. Check out Jocelyn Wilderstein which will probably change your mind. She was beautiful before she went under the surgeons knife. How awful is that.
IHERB - Daily and Weekly Specials: http://www.iherb.com/specials/?rcode=QAZ181
Those pictures are shocking! I'll definitely increase the percentage of fruits and vegetables I eat - no plastic surgery for a few lines on the neck.
@garymarsh6 (11913)
@Kandae11 They all look like they have sat in front of a fire and their faces melted
I think every age comes up with some sort of beauty. I believe in enjoying all the ages.
It would be less stress if we would.
@Kandae11 Yeah. And we would be able to live more even in lesser time.
No, I would not resort to a plastic surgeon. My problem area is my weight.
I won't say losing weight is easy.
@Kandae11 definitely not easy.
@ridingbet (32937)
i am 57 summers now, and i am proud to have reached this age
So many die too young without fully experiencing life.Reaching advanced age should be celebrated.
@ridingbet (32937)
@Kandae11 i agree. some still in their puberty stage are already knowledgeable about s_x and discover this by doing it to their 'playmates'.
@sjvg1976 (12672)
I would always like to see the natural skin than plastic skin. Ageing has to come to everyone and so are the changes so why should we hide them
Because of the kind of society in which we live.
@sjvg1976 (12672)
@Kandae11 hmmm...I wouldn't change myself for the society