Stop Comparing, Now Is Different

Redlands, California
Of course, this has to do with my now favorite band in this time. Back in the older days was unsure about them. Maybe they were even to rebellious for me. Still respected their music like no other and what they had to say. Never did see anyone put it like how they put it. They did it in a way that was filled with such class. Now they are slowing down and you can tell. That my friends is what happens when we get older and not complaining, but embracing. While the rest want them to be their youthful selves and they still are in a way, but those original days are gone. That is why you always respect the moment. Their music now is different, but the same. People want to hear evolution, but when they do get mad because it is not the same as the old. Cannot have it both ways. Listening to two songs are the same but different. Slower in a way, but same foundation is there. It is just now slow enough for people to hear and maybe that is exposing them as what they always were. I am not only OK with that, but think it is great. Now you get to hear what the music is truly about and if you do not like it, maybe was never your thing from the beginning.
You're right we must all evolve and, keep getting better, but it's also good to hold onto good things from the past, just not all the drama.
• Redlands, California
No drama Obama, remember that guy. Indeed, my brother, always great when we can look at hindsight and this is really one of the only ways to do it.
Slow is fine but youth surely is golden I have to say Crossbones. Those times cannot come back but we can appreciate the words even more so now.
• Redlands, California
Indeed, and funny thing think they are evolving nicely from the young to the older part of their life. Maybe I am just weird for appreciating such a thing.
@crossbones27 I am definitely appreciating such a thing as I am there now hahah You are very aware and hyper aware even, nothing wrong with it.
• Redlands, California
@TiarasOceanView No, me just getting old. lol
Bands, other than AC/DC, have to evolve. Why doesn't anyone get that
• Redlands, California
Haha, never heard that one before. Well this band seems to be trying to be AC/DC, but would not put the little bank I have on it. I am sure there will be new and different type songs, but first two, sounds a lot like the older stuff, just does not have the vigor the youth always brings. Not saying it is worse, just saying no one has excuse for saying they go to fast now.
I like the slowing down at times due to the slowing down bringing clarity and enhanced appreciation.
• Redlands, California
Indeed, you perfectly summed that up.
@dragon68 (779)
You really hit the mark in your observation about music.
• Redlands, California
Thanks my friend, I love observing, teaches me so much. Wish everyone did it because we have a lot of actions with out observation and is leaving the world a sad place.