Yesterday..

I'm sorry I didn't pop in even for a moment yesterday.. I had a very busy day. After work we had our annual Band Booster Board elections, where we decide on who will serve on the executive board of the band booster organization for the upcoming year. If you don't know, the band boosters help to fund the marching band, drumline, and winterguard programs. Some of you may recall that I ran for a position last year, which I lost. As it turned out the executive board that took over created a ton of drama, alienated most of the parents, and actually caused a number of families to quit the program all together.. so it turned out to be a good thing I lost that election! I did not run again this year. I had no intention of being overly involved. But of course I showed up to cast my vote and show my support... Low and behold, someone else decided to nominate me for a position, and I won. So although I didn't want it, I am now the assistant president. It's sort of like being Vice President, but we already have a VP so they created an additional position a few years back called Assistant President.. that's me! The entire board is brand new.. none of the old drama makers! So that's a huge plus.. So that's why I wasn't online yesterday. Today after work I went to my son's play. It was a murder mystery and my son was the one murdered. It was actually quite funny. He's having a little cast party at a restaurant right now, and I'm just passing the time until he's done and I have to go get him. Other than going to see his play again tomorrow, I don't have plans this weekend, so I should be able to get on a bit more! Hope you all had a fantastic Friday!
Oops - I'm very late on this one! Oh my gosh - well congratulations - but what a surprise for you! I remember the board wasn't being cool with everyone . . . but hopefully with this new board and you being on it, it will bring about much needed changes and such to make it more inclusive to everyone. How awesome!
Yep.. So I emailed the girl I'm taking over for, and she won't get back to me, so I'm heading in blind! Ugh
@katsmeow1213 Oh man. Has she gotten back to you yet? That is so not cool if she is doing this on purpose. Well good riddance to the old board . . . don't need 'em anyway if they're the type to play games!
@much2say They finally contacted me today and we're trying to set up a time that's good for everyone to meet.. that's the hard part because schedules are crazy over the next couple weeks.. the only night I have off the other girl is working..
You do such a good job keeping your kids involved, and participating in their activities as well. I know you'll do great.
They choose to be involved. Actually Tyler is up in the air about whether or not he'll join Marching Band again this year. He has been butting heads with the band director all year, and last year was a tough year for all the kids with the drama caused by the previous board. With me being on the board now he's slightly more interested, but still has reservations because of the director.
@katsmeow1213 Yeah, but you encourage it, and that's not something every parents does. C'mon, you're awesome and you know it!
@AmbiePam Aww thanks.. all I can do is try..
Hopefully the new Band Booster committee will be able to do great things again as they once did. Glad the play went well.
At least we can't be as bad as last year!
@katsmeow1213 With luck it will be much more fun this time around.
@JudyEv That's my hope!
Congratulations! I remember your discussion regarding that group. I'm sure you and the others will do a terrific job.
We can't do much worse than the last board did!
@katsmeow1213 Not at all!!!
Thats great. Sonething for you to look forwatd to for next school year
Well I always have something to look forward to regardless..
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
Congrats on your new post, I think lol.
LOL, Thanks! We'll see how it goes..
Yes It was a great day for me and I did a lot of ntylotting today so had fun and ' accomplished something too
@Lupita234 thats womdeful
@PatZAnthony (12657)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We all have those days where we are just too busy to do everything @katsmeow1213
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
Good for you!! and being nominated is wonderful, so glad you won and I hope you enjoy the year. Its good to be involved with your kids schools.