Favorite "Sun" Songs #5 - "Invisible Sun"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
We have reached mid-point in my Favorite "Sun" Songs series (don't worry, the moon is coming.) #5 in the countdown is a fairly obvious one: "Invisible Sun" by The Police. Just how cool were The Police? I went to high school with not one, but two guys that sported the Sting look, hair and all. But how good were they? Sting, Andy Summers, and Stewart Copeland were together, if you count a one-off reunion tour, just ten years. During that time, the band sold over 75 million records worldwide, and, thanks to that reunion tour, were the highest earning musicians in the world in 2008. They won six Grammy Awards and two Brit Awards. And, deservedly, the trio is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. From their multi-platinum 1981 album, Ghost in the Machine, "Invisible Sun" was the leadoff single (in the UK, where it reached #2) from the record ("Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" was the first choice elsewhere.) Sting says he wrote the song while living in war-torn Ireland, as a "light at the end of the tunnel" message for that country, while drummer Copeland, who grew up in Beirut, interpreted the song as being about his beloved Lebanon, which was undergoing heavy bombing at the time. "Invisible Sun" is very synthesizer-heavy (Sting played keyboards,) but be sure to listen for some nifty guitar play from Andy Summers. (Info verified by Wikipedia)
Track 3 - Ghost In The Machine
This one I know and love. Good choice.
Thank you. I wasn't about to leave it out.
Oh this is beautiful Scott..just what I needed just now You are a great song picker dude. I went to see them many years ago..wow...never will forget it.
I never got to see them. They once sold out the old McNichols Arena in four hours. This was long before the Internet.
@teamfreak16 I saw them in an inside venue in St Louis..36 yrs ago...I know that bcoz I was pregger with my son and thats his age so haha
@TiarasOceanView - That's one you'll never forget.
@FourWalls (13680)
"Bombs Away" was also about Lebanon. This was a very obvious choice! And a very good one!
They are going to show up in my moon series (another obvious choice.) Sting, too.
@FourWalls (13680)
@teamfreak16 -- my, my, but giant steps are what you take....
@FourWalls - Yep, that's the one.
I missed this one, was in the hospital...great album
Glad that you're home again.
@crossbones27 (19581)
• Redlands, California
I tell you what these police are a lot cooler than the real police. Oops, I have been told not to say such things, my bad people, just calling a spade a spade. Although can say Mr Comey is restoring my faith in the police.
I hope he nails this guy good.
Great choice I haven't heard this one in a long time.
It's been awhile for me, too.
• Austin, Texas
How cool were The Police? Let me think. On a scale of one to ten, ten being the highest … The Police were ten thousand!! I really liked them!!
They had such a unique sound. Looked cool, too.
It's now amazing to think the Police weren't around that long. Sting never equaled what he did with the band.
I liked Dream of the Blue Turtles, but I prefer The Police.