For all of you that have dogs and cats together does your dog want to chase cats outside?

When I had my dog and cat and would take my dog for a walk I would tell her that she has her own cat at home and she does not have to chase other cats.
@BarBaraPrz (20093)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Long ago and far away my cat Mona would chase the landlady's dog...
Now, that is funny. What happened when Mona caught the dog.
@BarBaraPrz (20093)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@Hannihar The dog would just run away. She never actually caught him.
@BarBaraPrz She was playing with him and showed the dog who is boss I guess. I bet the dog stays away from her now.
@Essjayd (1619)
I don't have a cat but my friends have both cats and dogs. Their cats are used to dogs and my dog is fine with them. Outside he just wants to chase cats more through wanting to play than harm them. If he gets close to a cat after chasing it his mannerisms are the same as when he plays with other dogs!
That is very interesting. I always thought that that is a dog's duty to chase cats and harrass them.
@Essjayd (1619)
@Hannihar I thought so too! My dog genuinely thinks they are just playing a game. He does the exact same when he plays with other dogs!
@Essjayd My cat thinks I am her big toy so she bites and grabs at me. I tell her that is not ok and will not let her on me for her petting and her nap after she does it. I tell her it is not ok and it hurts.