My Daughter is Coming

@nanette64 (18108)
Fairfield, Texas
Even though my daughter Lisa had a serious motorcycle wreck on the 13th, she has decided to come to Texas from Nebraska for a visit on the 28th. Because of my medical issues she and I both figure it could possibly be the last time we see each other. Since she's not going to quit riding her motorcycle and unfortunately drinks while doing so, and this accident being #3, she may not be around much longer either. She's bringing her new husband along; whom I dislike. I think his sole intention is to look at my property to get an idea of how much he can get out of it once I croak. When I met him for the first time 2 years ago at my Granddaughters wedding, he tried talking me into selling it and moving back to Nebraska. Lisa and I are going to have to have some serious conversations while she's here. As for her husband Cary? If he steps in or tries to make any 'suggestions', he will feel the full wrath of what a mother-in-law can do.
@TheSojourner (17298)
I used to have a slug-in-law. Thankfully my daughter finally left and is now divorced
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
Slug-in-law . OMG, I absolutely love that one @CoralLevang . I'm glad your daughter did the right thing; I can only hope mine gets the drift too.
@nanette64 took 20 years and I called it when I met him
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
@CoralLevang I try not to judge people but the minute I met him, I didn't like him.
@acelawrites (12557)
If he really sounds like he's just interested in your property; then give him a dose of his own medicine! Don't allow him to do that to you.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
He'll definitely hear it from me if he steps out of line @acelawrites.
@nanette64 it's not just about saying it, it's about putting things in action where it cannot be touched and that your daughter will not get a thing as long as she is behaving in a certain way. I know that's harsh in some people's minds, and sometimes people would call that tough love.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
@CoralLevang Money can definitely be the 'root of all evil'.
@UncleJoe (11333)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, Lordy! Hide the pistola!
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
At this moment it's sitting on top of the file cabinet in the kitchen @UnlcleJoe . It will be going with me when I go to bed at night.
@UncleJoe (11333)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@nanette64 Well, in the words of that great American, Troy Landry, "Choot 'em!"
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
I feel for you Nanette having this stranger in your home. I wish it were not this way. I understand perfectly what you are saying.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
Trust me when I say I will be locking my bedroom door when I go to bed at night @TiarasOceanView .
@nanette64 Nanette, that saddens me to hear this..I know you are very sick right now and I wish there were a way that no good loser would not come. It is none of his business. I will be aware on the 28th then and looking for you. I hope someone else knows where you are you know? Someone?
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
@TiarasOceanView My Granddaughter for sure and if you guys don't see a post 6/1 or 6/2 (because I don't think they'll be here any longer than that); then ..... "Something's rotten in Denmark."
Oh dear, you are ready for this guy. No way would I want to experience your wrath!!! We are all trying to figure out why our son, married for a little over a year, married who he did. I just keep pretending she does not exist.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
Since she met this guy, her financial situation has hit the toilet; not to mention the motorcycle idiocy and the drinking @Corbin5 .
@nanette64 Not much you and I can do about those spouses. Rats!
@Nawsheen (22953)
• Mauritius
So sorry to hear that you daughter doesn't want to quit riding the motorcycle and on top of that she got a husband which is interested in your property. I hope that you get to talk sense into her
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do too (sense) @Nawsheen . At her age of 46, I raised her better than that.
@Fleura (7373)
Leave your property in trust to benefit your daughter and granddaughter, that way her husband can't get his hands on it. And I hope you both last a bit longer than you expect! Your daughter needs to stop drinking and driving though, she could kill someone else.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do have my will set up that way @Fleura ; although with Nebraska also being a joint property state, if my daughter keeps up her idiocy and gets killed on the bike, he'd probably fight to get the money. I've raised holey heck with her about the drinking and driving.
@Fleura (7373)
@nanette64 Sounds like you've done all you can; now you just have to try to stay alive as long as possible!
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Fleura My goal is to live longer just so I can tick 'him' off.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Have you voiced your concerns to your daughter?
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
Several times @thislittlepennyearns but thus far it doesn't seem to be doing any good. I think she's ignoring his 'controlling' attitude and not considering my 'common sense'.
@nanette64 yes, but I love him, and then they'll ignore all the signs and try to change them and save them. It's not new, it will continue throughout history, and the reality is these losers and dragging the women down into places that the women did not have any Vision that they would be. And they'll be in their forties or 50s and starting all over again and trying to catch up which they never can do. I'm not saying that some people that do bad things can't make changes, but what I'm saying is that we women need to wake up. A lot of smart women end up with people that are horrible losers. And I'm sure it goes the other way around sometimes. This is not just that men are losers. People are. And we don't open our eyes and look for the warning signs and see them for what it is.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
@CoralLevang All true or I wouldn't have been with my jackass for 17 1/2 years. Most abused women 'think' they can change the other person. And well.....it don't work. Unfortunately I think it is the womans natural instinct of nurturing.
Sad situation. I hope the visit will go well. I hope you two can talk without him sticking his nose in.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
I hope we can too (talk) @Happy2BeMe . Putting her in the middle of things would definitely be stressful.
@nanette64 yes it would for sure.
Sorry that your daughter is being so silly regarding the drink driving, that's really bad news. Also bad news is her choice of a husband, but not a lot you can do about that. I'm lucky in that both my husband and I love our son-in-law and call him our 'number two son'. We also have a wonderful daughter-in-law - I know we're lucky.
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
And with both of them in their middle 40's, I don't think there is going to be much of a change either @jaboUK .
@PatZAnthony (13115)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It sounds like a visit you really are not going to enjoy @nanette64 Maybe he will decide to stay home!
@prashu228 (25529)
So sorry for that, but he doesn't have any right to take about your property, right. Hope your daughter realize that driving is not good for her
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
Me too @prashu228 .