One week of licence due to illness.

Chile
My youngest daughter has had back problems for years. Today she was in such pain that she went to a doctor near her work site. The doctor gave her pills and rest (no work for a week) but he also asked for a magnetic resonance exam. I´ll go with her as she suffers from claustrophobia. I told her to take a pill before going. And of course I´ll go with her. I try to go to the doctor with someone else if I can. Who knows how I´ll feel after the appointment! Do you try to go with someone to your doctor´s appointment?
No, but my appointments are just usual followups. I do try to go to some of my sister's appointments, though. I took her shopping yesterday. She is a bit older and not in as good a health as I am.
I go alone now when I go to the oncologist. But I always had someone with me when I had my chemo.
I was with my Mom when she was ill. It is good you will go with your daughter. Wow her back must be really very bad if they want to do the MRI. Did she have an injury long ago or what Marguicha?
I think the have back problems in my family. She is quite tall and leads a very sedentary life. That does not help at all.
@marguicha Oh yes, it is hard when sitting with the back too. Oh in the family I see.
@TiarasOceanView She is a judge so her work means being seated all day. Then she comes home and there are lots of things to do as you well know.
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
I always accompany my mum when she goes to the doctor and she does the same thing for me. We do need this support
It is so very important!
@PatZAnthony (12616)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is always good to have someone with you when on an appointment. People sometimes forget important information that the other person might remember.
That and the emocional support.
• Pamplona, Spain
She will need to take a tablet to calm her down if she suffers from that poor thing. I have gone to the Doctor´s with other people yes. A few times for not very nice things. Hope its only back strain and muscle pain can be really terrible.
The doctor gave her some pills. But as she has had these problems many times, it has to be checked with an MRI.
• Pamplona, Spain
@marguicha They did my back in with an Epidural that was put in the wrong place and ever since then it has given me a lot of stick. Its called nerve injury which you cannot heal.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I object to Epidurals. I prefer to be completly anesthesized and lose all the gray cells I have left.
No I just go to the doctor by myself.
For me it depends on how important it is.
@marguicha I honestly would never think to ask someone to go to a doctor's appointment with me no matter what it was. Unless it was open-heart or brain surgery, I'm doing it on my own.
@NJChicaa When my husband was alive, he would never have thought of not coming with me to the doctor. I did the same for him. When I had chemo for cancer, my friends made a list to see who went with me in what day. After a couple of times, as I came out in one piece, I told them not to come. But I was very thankful and I still am.
@blitzfrick (2912)
Gawd, pain is a horrible curse. Good she has you to go with her. I've heard that many people don't like being in the MRI device. I don't mind it so much except it's so noisy. I generally close my eyes and meditate; it's good practice to do it in such a situation, makes it easier for me to meditate at home. Anyway, the latest times I've had to take someone with me to an appointment is for cataract exams when they dilate my pupils, and of course when I had the outpatient cataract surgery. It's nice to have company! And I'm SO THANKFUL that I have a friend to go with me. It's kinda like holding hands to cross the road. Hugs to your daughter. I hope her back gets better. Maybe the MRI will reveal a way to relieve her pain.
I´ve had lots of MRI since I was diagnosed with cancer. And although I don´t have claustrophobia, the whole thing is very long.
@marguicha Oh yes, it seems endless. "What are they doing," I wonder to myself, "and what is all that noise about?!" HaHa, annoying. This is why I try to meditate in there. Also the meditation is my way of calming myself so I don't wiggle. How do you handle the experience?
@blitzfrick I try to think in something else. Like reciting a poem.
I don't normally. I just go by myself.
For me, it depends on what it is.
Oh yes, have gone to many doctor appointments for family and friends. I do hope your daughter's results from the exam reveal something that is very easy to remedy.
I had to have back surgery for that when I was around Claudia´s age. But my problems had escaped the posibility of being helped with exercises and pills.
I always drag my husband along with me.
My husband always went with me and I went with him until he passed. Now I either go with Leticia, with a friend or with Claudia.