A specific woman seems to have been the smarter gender

Oh I know this WILL ruffle quite a few man-feathers out here but in regards to specific historical events in which women reigned profound, this statement may not be so surprising. Let us look at the religious example first and foremost (even if I believe the bible is just stories . . .) because many people are avid readers of this profound book. In Genesis, a particular woman named eve made a wonderful call to heed knowledge over anything else and succeeded in doing so, but with much despair and ultimate ruin for the opposite gender of whom she {might} have gotten her life from. When she did not obey the instruction given by God, to NOT eat of the fruit off the tree of knowledge (the other no-no tree was the tree of Life), she began a tumultuous journey. Yet, she did so by following her own gift of NOT wanting to remain forever curious OR forever stupid . . . In historical accounts of woman doing wonderful things we have a plethora in many fields such as science, arts, literature, education and common sense but I thought I would exemplify a woman who is revered in the religious mind set of other woman who found her plight strong but complicated. So what are your thoughts on this bold statement made by me a woman of smarts and still seeking knowledge but not a daughter of Eve ?
I will not go there.
@just4him awww ratz and I was HOPING you of all people would . . . can't you just bite off a little and offer your insight Valerie ?
@enlightenedpsych2 I don't want to get into another huge debate. However, I will say there was only one tree in the garden they were not to eat from, not two. The tree of life was not off limits until Eve ate the forbidden fruit, and I won't go into her lack of judgment that got us in the situation we are today.
@just4him well there were two trees and from what I learned it was the Tree of Knowledge that was instructed to NOT eat from so the mess we are in today could have a root to the issue. I guess it depends on which texts one reads to know the two trees or the garden itself were off limits from both a scientific investigation or a religious proof one . . .
• Portland, Connecticut
Since she was tricked by the serpent she wasn't all that discerning!! She had it all and threw it away I am not sure I want to applaud that
I do not applaud her actions either but if she really, honestly had everything she ever needed, she would of never talked back to something she KNEW does not talk though, right @BelleStarr ?
• Portland, Connecticut
@enlightenedpsych2 It is human nature to want more or to think they need more.
@BelleStarr thanks to extreme socialization techniques, of course it seems like humans feed greed more than they used to
@Platespinner (18533)
As a strong woman, with strong opinions, I think what you have written here is hogwash. Just sayin'.
I am curious why @Platespinner you feel the idea that popped into my head was hogwash(ed) ? Are you telling me that the possibility to sway the minds of women into believing they are secondary, or less worthy or even indebted to men in some way was NOT the story of Genesis's original intent the author of that allegory wrote ?
I think all women and men like to find out things on their owh.
Well @jstory07 I hope so as long as the Bible is NOT the exclusive book they read to evolve and mature more independently from their ancestors.
More power to her. Not Eve, which is just a story, but real women.
Yes exactly scott @teamfreak16 the message is so uplifting even if it has been so misconstrued biblically and religiously that sometimes the power is lost in translation -- thanks for your insight dude !
@UncleJoe (8527)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You obviously aren't very familiar with Abraham Lincoln's quote about being silent. It appears that you have done it again. LOL
Done what @UncleJoe ? Are you going to bash yet another example of enlightenment I had ????
@UncleJoe (8527)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@enlightenedpsych2 Not at all. Ignorance is not enlightenment. You try teach something you don't know. You don't seem to be familiar with Mr. Lincoln's quote so I will write it out for you. "It is better to have people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!" Your words reveal that you know nothing about Biblical Truths but that doesn't seem to stop you.
@UncleJoe a biblical truth is NOT the only way to become enlightened about wisdom or better ways to achieve it (not just accepting someone else's belief as universal, but having a mind of my own and using it) as I have been taught over and over by academia elites my friend-- If you think I sound stupid it is because you ONLY adhere to those parables in the Bible, meant as stories experienced by higher cognitive-using individuals that demonstrate through example a meaning and purpose for having been written (to teach). I read the story AND did further research into why that decision on Eve's part was even written into the Bible and apparently you are ignorant to that respect then. I am not going to excuse my knowledge because it did not arise from your head or your indoctrination principles, such as they are
• Midland, Michigan
Eve was doing fine without all that knowledge that she didn't end up getting after all until she was tempted of the devil. And, by the way, you are a daughter of Even whether you believe it or not.
How could she have been doing fine when she was afraid @MarshaMusselman ? What a great way to keep a person dumb, instill fear into them and hope they never figure it out . . . and btw I am NOT a daughter of Eve simply because her body has NOT YET been discovered so a blood line could be determined
• Midland, Michigan
@enlightenedpsych2 She's the first woman and the mother of us all in that sense regardless of what is and isn't discovered. Fear wasn't instilled in them. She didn't need the tree to have knowledge she had the full attention of God and could have any question answered directly from him.
@MarshaMusselman right an answer directly from HIM instead of her being permitted or confident enough in herself to find her own answer . . . please lets not assume ALL women are related to this mythical one in the Holy Book. NONE of us have 100% proof and most of us would NOT believe it if it were found but because I know differently, feel differently, respond differently, I accept being bashed. It is a common tone in some of the people that do respond to me who are very religious and unable to see past that veil
@Freelanzer (6460)
Strong women are not afraid to say no or go against the established order
Absolutely and I am guessing the example of Eve, back then, demonstrates the beginning of strength which has taken centuries to reveal itself, thanks @Freelanzer and I so wish @UncleJoe would see the real point in why I wrote this post at all. See where we are going with this ? We are evolving from the beginnings of what could potentially keep us secondary and not equal to man, but if we persevere and keep our relationship with God precious, we can get better as long as we realize the story is simply a story with meaning. I hope in my life time I see less women like Eve and more lets say like Eleanor Roosevelt or Jane Goodall or Princess Diana . . .
@UncleJoe (8527)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@enlightenedpsych2 Yes, you are the example of Eve. The first person in the whole world to screw up.
@UncleJoe (8527)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@enlightenedpsych2 Equal to man? You aren't even equal to WOMAN.
Not touching this. lol Stopped by to say hi!
Okay @DianneN but thanks for popping by anyway
@enlightenedpsych2 You're very welcome!
I believe that not all women are stupid and that not all men are smart. I´m not religious, but I love the story of Ruth in the Bible.
Good to know and thank you for your honest answer and Ruth is an inspiring story for all women @marguicha
@enlightenedpsych2 It is. When I guided a reading workshop, besides all sorts of short stories, I had the students read and comment it.
@BettyB (4287)
• Summerville, South Carolina
After reading the comments, I've decided to stay out of this argument. There are plenty of women throughout history that have contributed important finds and discoveries. Eve eating the forbidden fruit is not one of them.
Well thank you @BettyB for stopping by anyway and sharing something on this; however what you add would not make this more argumentative but more open-minded and of value, so might you reconsider ?
@Ruby3881 (2088)
There are similar stories in other cultures. The Fall of the Bible is seen by some as a rise to moral agency, which would necessarily be accompanied by some growing pains. I think it's a shame that so many people in the world look at this major step in intellectual and emotional evolution as a punishment, and that it's used by some as an excuse to discriminate against women.
Yes @Ruby3881 it is a shame that a book of allegories could have so much influential power in the wrong direction !Thank you for stopping y and sharing your insight
@1hopefulman (20305)
I don't think there was or is a smarter gender. God does not force anything oh his intelligent creation. Eve made her choice and Adam made his. That's what they each decided. We suffer the consequences. Though the circumstances are different, God made a way out for us to decide for ourselves what we each will do. Men and women are different. And I am very thankful that they are. I am a product of a mother and a father. One excelled in some ways and the other in other ways and together they produced me. Which set of teeth do I want to lose, the bottom or the top? Which hand do I want to lose, the right or the left? Which eye do I want to lose, the right or the left? Neither! Neither! Neither! Together we stand, divided we fall.
And divided as the Human race is now, there is certainly a greater degree of falling IF following the blind is what people want to do . . . @1hopefulman
@1hopefulman (20305)
@enlightenedpsych2 I think Jesus once said that when the blind follow the blind, they both fall into the pit. The question is, who are the blind and who have their eyes wide open?
@1hopefulman the blind are those that follow without question just obedience AND the ones who are open-eyed, use their third eye more often . . .