Twenty-two needles took care of my aching back

Pixabay free image
Eugene, Oregon
After five days or so of low right-side back pain, using ice and taking Aleve, I decided to call my acupuncture person. (Rising from a seated position this morning was difficult) The last time I tweaked my back, she gave me one treatment and relief was felt by the next morning. I called early and they got me in at 1 PM. Rachel asked where it hurt, told me to lie down, no shirt, but my shorts and a towel with pillow between my legs. She came back in and started slapping needles into various spots on my back, nothing lower than the top of my hip (unlike last time when a trail of needles was down to my ankle). It is a mystery to me how she knows the exact spots to treat. I think she is intuitive. Two needles felt like an electric shock going in; one felt super hot. With 22 needles doing their thing, she left the room, returned in about twenty minutes and though my skin tingled for maybe a half hour, the pain that had bothered me for days was gone. I did not play ping pong today, but plan to on Wednesday. In the meantime, feeling no twinges tonight, I should sleep well and do what I need to do. I am an acupuncture believer (with the right person). Have you ever tried this remedy?
I haven't had acupuncture but I would be happy to try it. I'm glad it has worked for you.
• Eugene, Oregon
I was hoping it would again this time and it worked even faster.
@JamesHxstatic It must be like a small miracle - to be poked with so many needles and have the pain disappear.
@RubyHawk (25260)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don't believe we have a acupuncture person anywhere near us. If we did my better half might try it.
• Eugene, Oregon
As big as Atlanta is there are probably some good ones there.
@RubyHawk (25260)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@JamesHxstatic Could be we haven't looked. Had never thought about it until your discussion.
I have never tried, but I know that you must know the right person to do this. The physiotherapist of my husband also know exactly where to touch to stop the pain. She is a young Spanish doctor (a woman), a very good therapist.
• Eugene, Oregon
That is so very important for sure.
Not yet but I am open to it. I love the chiropractor but mine got greedy and was hurting more than helping so I quit.
• Eugene, Oregon
It has really come in handy for me twice now in the last several months.
I have never tried it but a lot of my friends have and it really worked for them sp I believe it does work
• Eugene, Oregon
If it done well, it really can help.
@responsiveme (16227)
Not tried it but good to know it worked.Another my lotter had done it too
• Eugene, Oregon
I am a firm believer after being helped so much twice.
I haven't tried it, but have heard nothing but good.
• Eugene, Oregon
I recommend it if you fall off your bike,
@JamesHxstatic - My back often tweaks. I bet it would help that.
• Eugene, Oregon
@teamfreak16 With the right "needle-er" II bet it would.
@PatZAnthony (12659)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We are in love with acupuncture (and many other "alternative" things that just work) and try to promote it. It is funny to us how many are closed minded when it comes to things like acupuncture and natural remedies, but will accept dangerous prescriptions and treatments.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, so many prescriptions are either dangerous, addicting, or both. I know that you are pretty progressive.
@PatZAnthony (12659)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@JamesHxstatic We lived in an area where people used acupuncture to treat their horses. Some of these horses are worth more than a million dollars. The horse can't pretend to feel better, so we are aware that acupuncture works for them.
I would never try it because needles are NOT my friend! Lol. I am terrified of needles and they are painful-no thank you! I am glad it has helped you though. =)
• Eugene, Oregon
Most of the needles you barely feel, but some you definitely do.
@JamesHxstatic Feeling one is too many for me! Lol
I am a acupuncture believer too. I went for a while years ago now. Sure feels good. I had a headache too one time and the acupuncturist put on needle beside my nose and left there about twenty minutes. The headache was all gone. Hope your back is all better now.
• Eugene, Oregon
Only one? That was great treatment!
@JamesHxstatic......As I recall it was only one. That was only 40+ years ago.
I was suppose to try this with someone who trains in the same gym as I do but heard that she has opened a clinic of here own. Might visit her clinic when my schedule allows it.
• Eugene, Oregon
It has helped both my wife and I at times.
@JamesHxstatic good for both of you!
• Austin, Texas
I am terrified of trying acupuncture because I'm scared of needles. But I can honestly say that the people I know who have tried acupuncture were pleased with the results. I have never heard anybody say they tried and hated it!
• Eugene, Oregon
It is almost entirely painless, just little pricks, except for the ones that feel electric.
I am glad that your back pain responded well to acupuncture.Needless to say, I am acupuncture believer too.I must say the acupuncture doctors are not intuitive to find those acupoints.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Acupuncture Needles being inserted into a person's arm Alternative therapy Benefits Placebo MeSH D015670 ICD-10-PCS [1] ICD-9 99.91-99.92 OPS-301 code 8-975.2 This article is part of a serie
• Eugene, Oregon
It is a wonderful practice I think, imported from your country.
@Lolaze (3165)
I'm glad it worked for you but it makes me shudder! I tried it once and it was horribly painful. I had to yell for the doctor to take one needle out in about 30 seconds because it hurt so much. I will never do it again. Many people say it helps them though and I'm happy for them.
I also believe in acupuncture too.
@spaceseed (2893)
never tried acupuncture, but have tried acupressure which worked for me
@YrNemo (12657)
I believe in the treatment, but I am scared to try it out.