The Least Known Pop Singer

Riga, Latvia
This is a great pop singer from the 1960s who unfortunately is the least known by name. I believe that people know his songs more than they know him. He has had 38 Hot Chart 100 Hits and 10 of these got into the Top 20. Bobby Vee was born and raised in Fargo, North Dakota. His first single made record companies sit up and take notice. The single was “Suzie Baby” and this got him signed on with Liberty Records. His next single was “What Do You Want?” but it was his fourth single that got buyers in the U.S. listening and liking and that was “Devil or Angel”. Finally Vee got international recognition with “Rubber Ball”. In 1961 he finally had a number one hit with “Take Good Care of My Baby”. Next came a string of hits for Vee including “More Than I Can Say”, “The Night Has a Thousand Eyes” and “Come Back When You Grow Up”. In 2008 EMI/UK released The Very Best of Bobby Vee and in 2011 they released Rarities, a double CD package which had 61 tracks, lots of them previously unreleased. Bobby Vee was inducted into the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in 2011. Bobby Vee continued to perform live until 2011 when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease. He received hospice care in a long-term facility in Rogers, Minnesota and on October 24, 2016 he passed away at the age of 73. But he like all singers remains immortal through the music he left behind. How many of you know this singer and his songs? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Vee
This song by "Bobby Vee" was recorded in 1960 and released in 1961 and it was this song that really made him the worldwide star he is today.i do like this song.
@CRK109 (14290)
I do! I was SO in love with him! I had one of his albums and I used to sit and stare at his picture for hours!
• Riga, Latvia
That is exactly how I felt in my teen years when my teen idol was David Cassidy @CRK109
@UncleJoe (9175)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I used to daydream about Annette Funicello but never told anybody. Guys didn't share their inner selves with anybody.
• Riga, Latvia
@UncleJoe yes, like Fonzie from Happy Days you had to stay cool.
• Preston, England
I've certainly heard of him and many of his songs @RasmaSandra
I remember Vee and his hits which are classic standards.
@lovebuglena (4186)
• Staten Island, New York
I have never heard of this singer before. Perhaps if I listen to some of his songs I will come to recognize them, but don't know who this person is, or what songs he sang.
• Riga, Latvia
Yes, he was not one of the most popular but if you listen you will probably recognize a song or two @lovebuglena
• Staten Island, New York
@RasmaSandra Perhaps you are right
@1hopefulman (22397)
I remember him. I didn't know he wrote so many good songs. I was surprised that his only number 1 hit was written by other people.
• Riga, Latvia
Among my favorites from him is Rubber Ball because the music is catchy and the lyrics unusual. I think mostly what happened to him was that the 1960s brought The Beatles and all of that British invasion and he was one of the singers who couldn't stand the test of time @1hopefulman
I remember him well - and most of the songs you mentioned. He was big on the radio when I was a teenager.
• Riga, Latvia
Even in the 1970s when I listened to an oldies station they still played many of his songs @JudyEv
I remember that one the most “Take Good Care of My Baby”.
• Riga, Latvia
Oh yes, that is one song I really like @marlina
@UncleJoe (9175)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I wouldn't call him least known. He was quite popular and so were his songs. I remember him well.