Whatever happened with Triond?

Staten Island, New York
I remember I used to be part of a website called Triond. You published stuff there (poetry, articles, stories, etc.) and then it would get published on a relevant site. This place let you make some money by using your AdSense account there. I don't remember if there was any other way to earn. I was only able to make around fifty cents or so from what I recall. And traffic was pretty low to whatever I published there, so I had stopped publishing there. Seems the site is no more... Does anyone know what happened to that site? It seems like it is no more.
• Peoria, Arizona
That site has been gone for a while, it was probably the case that they were paying more than the site could afford. Like what most websites do.
• Staten Island, New York
I am a member of Wikinut. They no longer pay writers, but that site still exists, and people can publish articles there. They just won't earn anything. Wonder why Triond vanished. They could've stayed and just ended their earnings program.
@xFiacre (4434)
@lovebuglena Triond was my first site. I made a fair bit of money on it then it's standards started to slip, it was badly moderated and inundated with trash so people abandoned it and it crashed.
• Staten Island, New York
I wish I was successful on there money-wise. I wasn't. So far, HubPages is the best site for me. My monthly earnings are low, but totaling up everything I've earned to-date it's more than I earned to-date on other sites.
Triond was one of my first sites and I got paid for views. I did make as much there as I do here, but one day, it was no more. I really enjoyed being on that site.
• Staten Island, New York
So we also got paid for views? Interesting that I don't remember that...
@lovebuglena Yes, I remember I wrote an article on Jack Russel Terriers, and that article got thousands of views a day, and I made quite a bit off of that one. It was so weird. For an entire week, nothing worked on the site, and then one day, it was gone.
• Staten Island, New York
@Corbin5 I've never had anything there that had high views. But then again I mainly posted poetry there, so perhaps that could be the reason for views that weren't high.
I was aware of the site and in fact I joined it but I never wrote there.
• Staten Island, New York
What made you decide not to publish anything there?
@lovebuglena it just didn't feel right posting there. Gut feel, I guess.
I don't know this site at all although I know quite a few myLotters seem to have been on it.
• Staten Island, New York
I wonder how many people were successful on that site.