My Poor Daughter

Boise, Idaho
My daughter has had the last of her teeth pulled earlier today. Poor kid! She doesn't look real happy. All of them are gone now. Toward the last of next month she will go in for the first fitting on her new dentures. I am so envious. Sure wish I could get mine. It is weird that she and my grandson both have Medicaid and that is what is paying for her dentures. But me, that needs the dentures so badly, can't get medicaid.
Oh good to hear Cami got her teeth pulled for new dentures. Great that Medicaid is paying for it. Too bad you can't get it, yeah.
It's the pits but at least she will get hers. I'm on my way out anyway.
@celticeagle Yes know what you mean..me too.
@carebear29 (28625)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
my son had teeth pulled and capped not too long ago too
I wish I could get mine taken care of. Good that he is keeping up on it.
@prashu228 (25797)
Ohh, is there any serious problem with her teeth, glad she got the medicaid .
Not that I know of. She did it before I even know that was the plan. I knew had one extracted and then this.
@Lolaze (3164)
Ouch! I was at the dentist too today. I have medicaid myself but my dentist doesn't take it - and she's too good with handling my anxiety for me to switch dentists!
Makes sense. I am very sensitive to anxiety so I know what you mean.
• Rochester, New York
My mum needs to do that. Ever since she started injecting herself with insulin her teeth started rotting. The uppers in front are pretty much gone. She keeps stalling because she has Special Olympic events coming up and she doesn't want to look like a "goof" as she calls it while at the events. I have to remind her that her friends won't tease her or anything. Mum has Medicare and I have Medicade. I always thought Medicare was better than the other.
Medicare is for the retired and medicaid is for low income. The Medicare doesn't pay for such things. I sure wish it did.
@UncleJoe (10315)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That's the first time I've heard of Medicaid paying for dental. They usually don't cover that or glasses. You daughter may not look happy now but she will be in about a month. Bad teeth tend to make us feel bad all over, not to mention the wonderful smile she will have.
I'll be glad she has that again. I wish I could get mine done. THey are agonizing. But, just can't do it.
@nanette64 (17729)
• Fairfield, Texas
I had my last 10 teeth pulled all at once in December @celticeagle so I know how she feels. It cost me $3200 to have them pulled and a denture. Even though I have a dental plan, it doesn't cover any extractions or dentures and it ticked me off.
That's a great price. They want to charge me 3x's that here. Most insurance like you have just pays for preventative and nothing else.
@Mareena (452)
Thats sad. All be well soon.
Hope they fit and all.
At least she has medicaid to pay for the dentures. That can get expensive.
Yes, I am thankful for that.