Keeping To The Left

By TT
@atoz1to10 (6817)
Australia
When I go for a walk or walk on the footpath, follow the hidden rule, I always keep to the left. But there are people who just walk any side they like. Some of them even take the whole footpath when they are walking with another person or in a group of three and they don't bother to move to one side to make room for others that walk in the opposite direction. Do you keep to one side when you are walking?
Yes I have manners. Some people do not and expect me to get out of the way. They won't budge an inch. Now I won't move and bump right into them if they start doing that. I am sick of ignorant people.
My mom told me to do the same too. Some don't have manners what so ever. I got fed up with it and now I'm going to learn to not move over. I understand if they have kids or something, but grown adults horrible!
@infatuatedbby Yes..it sounds silly for me to do this, but man, they really push their luck. Yes of course kids or a big dog..heck yeah i am getting out of the way, but not for any other reason. Good your Mom told you that too Michele lol
@TiarasOceanView I can't find myself NOT to move, but my fiancé said its probably because they're (2) woman and we're a couple and they're used to ladies first. I told them, I don't care. I'm a lady too. I encounter women never moving over. Couples move over... Families even move over but I tell them its okay, we'll go ahead or something. And dogs for sure I'll get out of the way.
I have common courtesy and move over. Today walking, many didn't move out of the way and I had to stand still. So annoying!
@atoz1to10 (6817)
If I go for a walk I usually cross the road so I don't have to bump into any one.
@atoz1to10 oh the hiking path only has one way, a path that fits just two people and scrubs, bushes, etc But if there are sideways I won't cross to get out of the way.
@atoz1to10 (6817)
@Slayqueen (930)
Oh yea. And the saddest part is, they see us like we're talking crazy when we tell them to walk in side..
@atoz1to10 (6817)
And what do you do when they ignore your request?
@atoz1to10 nothing.. what can we do. I just walk away from there. Obviously I get really angry but I don't say anything to them..
@atoz1to10 (6817)
@Slayqueen That's a good way to deal with people like that.. I do the same thing too.
I keep to the left and if there is a group of us taking up the whole path, I'll go in front or behind so others can pass.
@atoz1to10 (6817)
Me to... Why are we so nice?
@atoz1to10 Maybe our mothers brought us up to be considerate??
@atoz1to10 (6817)
@JudyEv Yes, it has to be...
@prashu228 (25520)
People are lazy while walking on roads. Some even walk as if they are walking on ramp and don't move an inch even if we politely request them..I don't understand their problem
@atoz1to10 (6817)
I keep wondering about this as well. What is wrong with all the manners? So sad to see the world like this.
I do, but a lot of people do not.
@atoz1to10 (6817)
Yes, they think they own the whole footpath..
I like the left side, just seem to usually walk that way. Must be because I'm left handed.
@atoz1to10 (6817)
You are lefted hand person? Me too. I keep to the left because in Aus we drive on the left so it becomes a hidden rule to keep to the left..
@Deepizzaguy (15916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
If you remember the joke of the late Jackie Gleason show "The Honeymooners" which is on reruns on Me T V. "When Ralph Kramden walks down the street, there ain't no other side." I walk on the right side of the sidewalk.
@atoz1to10 (6817)
The reason I keep to the left side because we are driving on the left side...