Have You Ever Helped A Friend Through A Tough Time In Their Life?

Have You Ever Helped A Friend Through A Tough Time In Their Life? Or has a friend helped you? It’s almost inevitable that one of your friends will experience a difficult time in their life. Sometimes we don’t know what to say or do when that happens because we have not experienced it ourselves. Even though you don’t understand what your friend is feeling, you can acknowledge and validate their feelings by just offering your support. Be there for them and perhaps help them to seek the right counsel, or provide a distraction, by inviting them to go on a hike or a shopping trip or anything that can get their mind off whatever situation they are dealing with. Let them talk about it and be a good listener, without interrupting. Cry with them. Pray with them. You don’t have to be able to solve their problem to be a good friend. They need your support and kindness. 1 Thessalonians says: “Encourage one another and build each other up.” Good advice. What do you think?
A friend of mine needed a place to stay after being beaten by her live-in boyfriend. She turned up with a suitcase at my door - in the middle of the night. Of course I couldn't turn her away. Her stay lasted two weeks instead of the three days she requested.
I'm sure though, that you are glad you could help her out. That's what being a friend is all about.
@IreneVincent Yes, I was.
@responsiveme (18126)
As you said most people usually do help out and get help.in return
It's good to have good friends. Someone you can count on in times of distress.
I have, and some hsve for me