Silver leaf nettles boiled for poison ivy.

Elberton, Georgia
My mother suffered from poison ivy and other types of contact dermatitis, doctors couldn't help her. Someone told her to make a tea like solution to use as a poultice on her ulcers, and she was desperate enough to try it. She made the poultice and wrapped her legs up. In days she was cleared up. It wasn't a cure, but it worked every time. My dad asked the doc about burning the poison ivy and poison oak. The doctor said the burning of it would infiltrate her lungs and kill her.
That is amazing! I knew about burning poison ivy. We have tons of it here. It's awful!
• Elberton, Georgia
Yes it is terrible for those who are highly allergic. I am not that way. I might get a few blisters and they go away in a couple of days.
@OreoBrownie I'm like you, but found that washing in blue Dawn dish detergent and hot water helps immediately.
@OreoBrownie oddly I have walked thgougj it and never broke out at all b ut I sure tried not t o be around it ion case I was allegic to it.
odd nettles really mess me up with hives b u cooked tjey di work to heal your mom thats really interesting
• Elberton, Georgia
They are a special nettle. They are silver sharp leanest rat grow on trees.
@OreoBrownie thats really good to kinow that too that they work on poison iv y my mom would reallyu break out so awful and be so miserable
Many times the old remedies are the only ones that work. I am glad it worked for your mom.
So glad your dad was advised not to kill the poison oak an poison ivy. The silver leaf nettles really did the trick for your mom.
• Elberton, Georgia
Yes they did.
@PatZAnthony (12616)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Burning poison ivy can be a real threat to anyone in the area who is allergic or has reactions to poison ivy. It is amazing how a poultice will really help many issues @OreoBrownie